Geography Awards - Application Required
The Geography and Environment Service Student Award (GESSA) was generously created by the faculty in the Faculty of Arts - Geography
Department for students of Geography. Eligible students must fill in this application form and submit it along with the required documentation
(i.e. volunteer work references) to email@example.com under Filename: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME_GESSA. Application deadline: 30 APRIL 2023.
To be eligible to apply for and receive the GESSA, students MUST:
- be in good academic standing;
- be an active member of the (free-to-join) Geography Student Club (SAFA will verify);
- be declared in Geography (as a Major, Minor, or AA);
- fill-up and submit this application form along with references that detail their demonstrated community/volunteer service or leadership activities at KPU, the Geography Department, or their external community. Applications without accompanying references will not be considered for selection.
Harbans and Taranjit were individuals who accomplished much in their short lives. Harbans was a father, professor, coach and a police officer and Taranjit was a loving mother and a teacher. This memorial award is offered by their daughter to support students enrolled in a Criminology or Geography BA program.
- Enrolment in the Bachelor of Arts, wherein Geography is one of a Double Minor, OR;
- Enrolment in the Bachelor of Arts, wherein Criminology is a Major, or one of a Double Minor.
- Completion of 30 credits or more.
- CGPA of 2.33 or greater.
- Demonstrated financial need.
1. The Geography and Environment Service Student Award (GESSA)
be in good academic standing;
- be declared in Geography (as a Major, Minor, or AA).
2023- Yhanu Sivapalan
2. Canadian Association of Geographers (CAG) Award
- Graduating this year.
- One-page statement reviewed by department.
2022 - Simran Gill
2023- Sydney Wong