Candidates that do not meet the Math and/or Chemistry requirements may still be considered for admission to the Brewing and Brewery Operations Diploma program through recommendation of the Brewing Admissions Selection Committee.
To be considered, candidates must possess at least one of the following:
- Proof of non-science related post-secondary education and academic excellence (copies of final transcripts and/or degrees)
- Proven record of experience in beer or general sensory evaluation (copy of certification for beer judging; cicerone; beer steward; sommelier; etc.)
- At least one year of work experience with brewing and/or other beverage related processing industries such as wineries, ciders, distilleries (letter from employer)
- At least one year of work experience with food processing or chemical/pharmaceutical or similar industries (letter from employer)
- A combination of partial post-secondary education AND:
- at least one year of work experience with warehouse management and inventory (letter from employer)
- at least one year of work experience in developing production support documentation such as SOPs, check sheets, PMs, production reports (letter from employer)
- at least one year work experience in hospitality and/or culinary industry (letter from employer)
Supporting documentation of the above must be submitted with your portfolio to email@example.com.