ITI - Industry Team Initiative: Melville Student Internships
Connecting Talented Melville Business Students with Industry Partners
Are you an employer looking for business interns? Consider applying for our ITI (Industry Team Initiative).
ITI is a great fit for staffing a short-term project. A business intern can help you in the following areas:
Accounting, Human Resources, Global Business Management, Green Business Management and Sustainability, Supply Chain and Logistics, and Technical Management and Services.
Become an Industry Partner with Melville School of Business and hire one, two, or three students, to undertake a specific project. With our support, you will define internship requirements and ensure students are exposed to relevant work opportunities. Both part-time and full-time positions can be considered, with a minimum lenght of two months and a maximum lenght of 4 months.
Call us at 236-880-3240 in case you require more information, or simply submit an ITI web application:
How does it work?
- Industry partners apply online, submit project requirements, and provide an application deadline for students
- Students will submit applications to a coach
- A Student Success Coach will review and pre-screen student applications (these applications will pass a group assessment completed by the Melville School of Business)
- Shortlisted applicants will be referred to industry partners for review and possible interviews
- Industry partners will liaise directly with short-listed applicants to set-up job interviews
- Industry partners will select successful student aplicants
Which areas of expertise does the Industry Team Initiative include?
Accounting, Technical Management & Services, Operation & Supply Chain Management, Human Resources Management, Global Business Management, Green Business Management and Sustainability
Multi-disciplinary teams may be requested!
Nickel Bros., a structural moving, heavy lifting, and & transportation organization, was looking for assistance with estimating and coordinating industrial project bids. At the time, they needed a short-term, part-time employee to help their growing business. They used ITI to hire Robert, a student in the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Operations & Supply Chain Management. Robert worked hard and demonstrated his skills as an Estimating Assistant over the summer. After graduation he was hired on a full-time role, as an Estimator.