Q: What is WriteUp?
- WriteUp is a FREE free asynchronous(online) Writing support available to all KPU students. Students can submit writing assignments online to receive written feedback from a trained tutor.
Q: Who can access WriteUp services?
- This service is available for all registered KPU students. Students will need an account on our tutor booking platform, located at tlc.kpu.ca, to submit their paper.
Q: How can a student submit an assignment on WriteUp?
- You can log in at tlc.kpu.ca with your KPU student number and password. Click on the submit assignment tab and fill the required fields to submit your assignment.
Q: How long does it take to receive feedback on my assignment?
- Normal response time for WriteUp is 48 hours. However, during peak times the turnaround time can go up to 72 hours.
Q: Can I re-submit my revised assignment?
- Yes, you can re-submit your revised assignment up to two additional times for feedback.
Q: Can I get help on my take home exam/homework?
- No, they will not provide you with ideas or written work that you may submit as your own. To do so would violate Academic Integrity and be in violation of KPU’s policy on plagiarism and cheating (see Policy C.8 at http://www.kpu.ca/policies). If you need help with how to write in your own words, please book an appointment with a Learning Strategist. If you need help understanding the assignment requirements, please speak with your instructor.
Q: Who are the WriteUp tutors?
- WriteUp tutors are qualified, trained and experienced in helping students with their writing assignments (across all disciplines).