Gender Inclusive and Accessible Washrooms
- Surrey: Arbutus 1814, Main 1895 and Cedar 1256 and 1258
- Richmond: Room 1436 (near Boardroom 1420)
- Langley: Room 1802 (near Student Enrollment Services)
- Tech: Room 1606 (near the café)
- Civic Plaza: All bathrooms are individual – 1-2 accessible on each floor
Pride Advocacy Group
Formed in 2020, the Pride Advocacy Group (PAG) is made up of individuals from across KPU (student, employee and KSA representatives), who represent an array of intersectional gender and sexual identities. Our goals are:
- To support and empower LGBTQ2+ students, staff and faculty at KPU.
- To increase awareness, affirmation and education around sexual and gender diversity issues.
- To challenge patterns of silence around LGBTQ2+ issues, as well as help create a more visibly welcoming, safer and inclusive campus community for all.
- To increase the visibility of, and contribute to the development of, positive, supportive advocates and spaces for LGBTQ2+ students, staff and faculty at KPU.
- To demonstrate KPU’s commitment to enrich and enliven the diversity of its community, including LGBTQ2+ persons.
The Pride Advocacy Group meets monthly, if you are interested in meeting with us or supporting an initiative, please contact email@example.com.
Pride Advocacy Initiatives
KPU endeavors to provide learning and working environments that are inclusive and support fair and equitable treatment of all members within its diverse community, no matter their social identity.
Over summer 2021, KPU will be painting the Progress Pride flag on crosswalks at Surrey and Langley, a pathway at Tech, a pillar at Civic Plaza and a staircase at Richmond as a physical demonstration of the university's commitment to inclusion.
Find out more about all the Pride Initiatives KPU is involved in, both on- and off-campus.
Allyship @ KPU
An ally is someone who considers themselves a friend to the LGBTQ2+ community. This person does not identify as part of the LGBTQ2+ community, but supports and stands up for people who are.Learn more
The President's Diversity and Equity Committee
The President's Diversity and Equity Committee (PDEC) is dedicated to furthering the goal of diversity and equity within the KPU community. Members of the Pride Advocacy Group are part of this committee, ensuring LGBTQ2+ voices are represented.
KPU has policies in place to support diversity and inclusivity on campus. For more information about KPU's commitment diversity and inclusion, please visit PDEC.