Last revised Sept. 2015
Coca-Cola Refreshments Committed Advised Sponsorship Program
Terms of Reference
Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Coca-Cola Bottling Company have entered into a multi-year agreement whereby Coca-Cola is the exclusive provider of beverages for the university. As part of this agreement Coca-Cola provides annual funding and beverages for projects/events.
“We are proud of our commitment to Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability. Wherever we operate, we strive to support the sustainable development of local communities focusing on environment, well-being and community development. Our sustainability efforts are focused on areas that support the needs of our customers, stakeholders and the long-term viability of our business. We have set ambitious plans of doing more with less in the areas of water stewardship, energy conservation/climate change and sustainable packaging/recycling. ”
The funds will be used to assist faculty and student groups with projects/events that will enhance the learning and student experience Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
Recommendation of application acceptance will be handled by a selections committee and the funding program administered by the Office of Advancement.
The committee will review applications and determine the projects/events that best meet the requirements. The committee will be made up of:
- Faculty Representative
- Staff Representative
- Student Representatives (2)
- Student Life Representative (defined as SLD, FSO, or Provost)
- Office of Advancement Representative
- Chief Executive Officer
Call for submissions will be bi-annually with applications accepted May 1 and October 1. Application acceptance confirmed within four weeks. Proposal requests must be approved by the Dean or appropriate department head, but can be submitted by students, faculty or staff.
Minimum amount $500/maximum amount $5,000.
No more than 65% of funds can be given in any granting period.
- Funding is available for groups only and requirements are as follows:
- Must provide a direct benefit to students, with priority given to those projects/events that will benefit the highest number of students.
- Consideration given to activities that increase the profile of Kwantlen and level of exposure for Coca-Cola.
- Funds committed on a one year basis and multi-year funding not available.
- Funds must be used within six months after application approval.