Get your Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Levels 1 and 2 in just 8 months!*
Programs are led by industry-experienced, Red Seal-endorsed instructors.
Small class sizes (16 students/class on average) allows you to transition nicely into university and connect 1-on-1 with our expert faculty.
Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field of science that includes a combination of mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering.
Our Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology diploma blends these fields together giving you the theoretical and technical knowledge you need with the hands-on experience you want to prepare you for an exciting career in the evolving manufacturing industry.
Why Study Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology?
Are you interested in engineering, technology, and electronics?
The growing reliance on automated technology in the manufacturing sector, trusts technicians with the challenge of performing higher-level tasks, involving diagnostics, analytics, trouble-shooting and hands-on maintenance, and repair.
Studying Mechatronics at KPU Tech gives you the theoretical and technical knowledge you need alongside hands-on practical experience in applied trades areas such as machining, welding, metal fabrication and electrical, so you can operate, manage, and maintain an automated manufacturing facility.
Who Studies Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology?
While this growing and evolving field brings in anyone from recent high school grads to mature, working professionals interested in career-enhancing studies, you're likely to find success if you're:
- A science and engineering student wanting to augment their expertise with mechanical, process, and electrical experience.
- A design students seeking a means to create and produce the items they design.
- A technology student seeking to extend their computer-based expertise (e.g. CADD) into practical and applied realms.
- A student in theoretical programs such as physics, engineering, or other fields where a grounding in applied practice is an advantage.
- An undergraduate student or graduate student seeking competitive and marketable skills as technicians in the fields of Biotechnology, Distribution, Transportation & Logistics, Energy, Mining, Forestry, Autonomous Vehicles, Aerospace, National Security and Defense, etc.
Mechatronics is also ideal for you if you're:
- An individual transitioning into advanced manufacturing and mechatronics from other sectors.
- A Trades Red Seal graduates who want to enhance their skill set.
- A Trades students seeking an alternative to an apprenticeship and Red Seal certification.
- An individual interested in skilled trades or the Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification.
- An international student seeking to augment their credentials with Canadian-based curriculum and a globally recognized certification - Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification.
The Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology program prepares you for careers in the manufacturing industry. The program supports applied research, product development and commercialization solutions.
The program also teaches the most current technology in computer numerical control (CNC) programming, renewable energy, and computer controlled autonomous systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and robotic).
This program is delivered using an online learning management system. Each student will be required to bring his/her own laptop or equivalent electronic device. Students are advised NOT to purchase a personal laptop computer until specifications and requirements have been provided to successful applicants.
Year 1 (first and second semesters) is aligned with the internationally recognized Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification (SMSC) program. *Completing these two semesters provides you with the opportunity to obtain Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Levels 1 and 2.
Successful completion of Year 1 of this program provides eligible students with a Certificate in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
Year 2 (third and fourth semesters) incorporates advanced manufacturing principles; sustainability practices, engineering resource planning, lean manufacturing practices, communications and business operations.
These principles are augmented by experiential skill development in machining, metal fabrication, welding and electrical, preparing you to meet the demands of the emerging trend known as “Industry 4.0,” or the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Leonardo Batista, Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Your Certificate in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology provides you with the knowledge, expertise and skills to operate, maintain, and conduct diagnostics on mechatronic systems at a technician level.
With your Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology you are employable across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, green technology, biotechnology, energy, transportation, telecommunications, autonomous vehicles, medical technology, building technology, agriculture, aerospace, national security and defense. Examples of job categories include:
- Controls Technologist
- Customer Service Technician
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Facilities Operators Field Service Technician
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Process Technician
- Material Engineers Mechatronics
- Technologist Mine Engineering Technician
- Plant Engineering Systems Technician
- Production Operators Service and Installation Technician