The Department of Language and Cultures
Are you ...
- fascinated by other cultures?
- interested in learning or improving a language?
- intrigued by similarities and differences between languages?
The Department of Language and Cultures (LANC)
- offers courses in five languages: French, Japanese, Mandarin, Punjabi and Spanish
- offers courses in Linguistics and Cultural Studies
- offers a BA Minor in Language and Culture
- improves career and employment opportunities
- provides you with a richer understanding of diverse cultures
- provides you with an increased awareness of the intricacies of language structures
- offers study-abroad programs that offer opportunities for real-life experiences in another culture.
- offers small class sizes to optimize student participation
- provides conversation labs for first and second year language courses that provide individual attention and support
- is composed of dedicated and experienced faculty members with diverse backgrounds
- is committed to providing a rewarding learning experience through student-centered teaching styles.
We offer the following language, Cultural Studies and Linguistics courses: