Volunteer Services is a liaison between students, community organizations, and on campus groups seeking to engage volunteers.
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? You can:
- * Search for opportunities on KPU's online job and volunteer posting system, Career Connection.
- * Sign up for a volunteer opportunity through a KPU team or event.
- * Make an appointment for a one-to-one session.
- * Attend a Volunteer Expo or Career Days:
*New workshop * How to apply for KPU Awards
Did you know that KPU offers over 550 awards that you can apply for via one application? Need some help with an effective application? Sign up for a workshop – a partnership between, Student Awards & Financial Assistance, Volunteer Services, and International. We’ll cover how to apply for the in-course awards and Student Leadership awards and some strategies for how to maximize your application.
“How to apply for KPU awards Workshop”
- Wednesday, Feb 1, 3:00-4:00 PM – 1205A – Surrey Campus
- Wednesday, Feb 8, 12:00-1:00 PM – 1420 – Richmond Campus
- Tuesday, Feb 21, 3:00-4:00 PM 1010 - Langley Campus
Visit kpu.ca/awards to see a listing of scholarships & awards and their requirements.
Before you start your search, ask yourself these questions:
- What skills do I have that could be useful?
- What skills do I need to gain to help me land my next job? What do I need on my resume to help me in my career path?
- What causes/areas interest me?
- What type of environment do I want to work in? How far am I willing to travel?
- What time do I have available? How long will I be willing to make a commitment?