Students seeking assistance from the Career Development Centre are welcome to make a 45 minute one-to-one, on-line appointment with any one of our advisors. We are happy to connect with you online or by phone through Advisor Connect. These appointments are intended to assist students with in-depth questions regarding their career search including resume and cover letter creation, interview skills and networking, including informational interviews.
How Do I Make an Appointment Using Advisor Connect?
NOTE: For optimal performance using Advisor Connect, please use Mozilla Firefox. If you are booking an appointment using your mobile, once you log into Advisor Connect, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the mobile version on the left.
- Log in to Advisor Connect using your KPU user name (student ID) and password
- To schedule an appointment, click the "Search Availability" button under the Student Options menu on the left
- Select the Career & Volunteer Services under Centre from the drop-down menu
- Select the LOCATION (campus) for your advising appointment
- Modify the search options (e.g. dates, times, days, etc.)
- Click the "Search" button
- Click on the available time displayed on the right for when you would like your appointment (scroll to the right to find more available appointment times)
- Choose a REASON for your advising appointment
- Add any NOTES that will assist your Academic Advisor and click SAVE
- A confirmation email will be sent to your KPU email in-box. (If you activated your text messaging option from the main menu, you will also receive a text message regarding your appointment)
How To Cancel Your Appointment Using Advisor Connect:
- Log into Advisor Connect using your KPU user name (student ID) and password
- All of your upcoming appointments will be listed on the left under your calendar
- To cancel the appointment, click the X next to the appointment (at the end)
- Enter your reason for cancelling the appointment (optional) and click the "Confirm Cancellation" button
- To make a new appointment, follow the above steps on making an appointment, starting with step 2.
Note: This service is for KPU students and alumni only. Proof of enrollment may be required. If you are experiencing any difficulty using the system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.599.2465