KPU's Student/Alumni Job Board
--- Please read the updated Terms & Conditionsof using Career Connection ----
Welcome to Career Connection, KPU's online employment, and volunteer posting system. Career Connection connects a database of more than 14,000 students and alumni with a network of over 1,800 employers and community organizations.
- Go to the Career Connection login page.
- Login using your OSS username (student #) and password.
- FIRST TIME logging in? Username and password will be the same as the Online Self-Service (OSS) Portal. Note: Please wait 1 - 2 business days for your account to be approved to get full access to the job portal.
- For NEW STUDENTS: You can access Career Connection after registering AND paying for your course(s).
- For KPU ALUMNI who has never logged in Career Connection before: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and student number in order to gain access to the job board.
For alumni and students experiencing technical problems please use the "Forgot Password" button to update your password and access your account. Should you continue to have issues logging in, email email@example.com with your student number for access to the system.
Need help with your job search? Book an online Career Advising appointment with a Career Coach to help you with every step of your job search and career path!
Career Connection offers access to:
Full-time, Part-time and Temporary jobs
New jobs are posted to Career Connection every day.
Gain paid work experience within your field of study - Apply today
Boost your resume with volunteer experience
Student Employment Opportunities
Student assistant and Work-Study positions are available year-round - Learn more at kpu.ca/careers/work-study
Events, Workshops & Info-Sessions
Attend events and workshops online such:
• Resume workshops
• Networking workshops and more!
• External employer events (Virtual Career Fairs, webinars, etc.)
• Other Career Development Centre events
Upcoming Virtual Employer Info-Sessions
Stay tuned for updates about upcoming events and webinars here. Also, watch out for our weekly e-newsletter containing highlights of events and postings for the week!
To RSVP for events, fairs and webinars, login to Career Connection and go to EVENTS/VIRTUAL EMPLOYER INFORMATION SESSIONS
Please note: you must RSVP in order to receive a reminder email with the link to join the webinar.
KPU's job board, Career Connection has a new app! Download now to access hundreds of jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and co-op postings! Note: First time logging in? Before you can access the app, make sure to login in using a desktop and register as a student. Once approved, feel free to access the app and start searching for jobs and other opportunities in Career Connection!
Download the app now!
If the app link does not work, you may locate the app by searching for it in your app store. Simply enter 'Symplicity Jobs and Careers' in the search bar to find and download the app.
Disclaimer: KPU Career Development Services does not endorse employment opportunities, labour practices, or services posted on Career Connection. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify the terms and conditions of employment with the employer.
Work Study is a student employment program, subsidized by the Student Awards and Financial Assistance department, for students who wish to gain more experience while studying full-time. Work-Study students are expected to work as support assistants to KPU faculty and other departments, working for a maximum of 15 hours a week.
For more information, go to www.kpu.ca/careers/work-study
A Student Assistant position is a part-time employment for students working as support assistants for KPU faculty and staff. As a student assistant, you will get valuable experience working in a variety of departments. *Student Assistant positions are now posted in Taleo, KPU's applicant tracking system. You can still view Student Assistant jobs in Career Connection and be redirected to Taleo to apply.
Work-Able Graduate Internship Program for People with Disabilities
Work-Able is a twelve-month BC Public Service paid internship program for recent post-secondary graduates with disabilities. This unique program provides learning, coaching, and mentorship throughout the internship and interns will gain valuable skills and public service experience.
- March 2022 to July 2022: Posting for multiple positions
- May 2022 to August 2022: Screening and assessments, including interviews
- August 29, 2022 to August 25, 2023: All interns hired for paid 12-month internships
To be eligible for this program, you must be:
- A recent post-secondary graduate (within 3 years of Internship start date) with a 2-year diploma, or an associate degree or an undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- An individual who self-identifies as a person with a disability
- A resident of British Columbia
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Please contact Daamini.Bhushan@gov.bc.ca
OTHER JOB SEARCH WEBSITES
View a list of other job search websites here.
Log into Career Connection to download this guide for tips on How to Read a Job Posting
For employment opportunities working as a staff, admin, or faculty member at KPU, please visit KPU's Career Opportunities page.