General Guidelines when Joining the Co-op Program
1. Academic Requirements
- Good academic standing is crucial for Co-op. Make sure to maintain the minimum GPA specified by your program.
2. Credit Limits and Timing
- Degree Programs: Consider applying for the Co-op program after accumulating 30 credits to ensure sufficient time to complete your required 3 work terms. You may apply at a later time however, be mindful of the maximum credit threshold set by your program when applying.
If you're approaching the 90-credit mark, remember that you must complete COOP 1101 prior to earning 90 credits as part of the continuance requirements. Applications from students who've exceeded the 90-credit threshold may result in your application being declined.
- Specific Diploma Programs (Marketing Management, Computer Information Systems*, Public Relations): It's recommended to declare and apply for Co-op in your 1st year of studies prior to completing 30 credits. This gives you enough time to complete your required 2 work terms.
- *Important updates for Diploma students in Computer Information Systems (CISY):
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Students (Accounting, Human Resources Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management): Due to the short nature of the programs in Post-Bacc studies, it is highly recommended to apply as soon as you are accepted to the program.
3. COOP 1101 Registration
- Degree Program Students: Consider registering for COOP 1101 at least two semesters before you wish to secure a work term. If you're nearing the 90-credit limit when joining Co-op, you must enroll in COOP 1101 during the intake term that you have been accepted to ensure there's enough time to complete all necessary work terms.
- Specific Diploma Programs (Marketing, Computer Information Systems, Public Relations): You must take COOP 1101 in your first year of studies, before completing 30 credits.
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Students (Accounting, Human Resources Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management): You must take COOP 1101 before reaching 15 credits (ACCT, HRMT) or 12 credits (OSCM).
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
- Marketing Management Diploma
- Computer Information Systems Diploma
- Public Relations Diploma
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (including Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Science) NEW!
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting Diploma
- Environmental Protection Technology Diploma
To find out more about Co-op, we invite you to attend an Information Session.