So you're interested in adding Co-op to your program? You've come to the right place! Follow the steps below and you could be on your way to real life work experience related to your program of study.
STEP 1 - Do you meet the entrance requirements?
The Co-op option is only offered in select programs. You must meet the Entrance Requirements for your program. If you are unsure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details on the available programs go to the Co-op Programs page.
STEP 2 - Submit the Co-op Application form through Career Connection.
Submit your Co-op Application Form through Career Connection.
- Sign in to Career Connection using your Online Self-Service (OSS) Portal user name and password. If this is your first time, update your profile to continue.
- From the homepage, go to Experiential Learning and click the ‘Co-operative Education’ tab to open the application form
- Once the form is complete, click "Submit Application". (Note: you will not receive a confirmation that your application has gone through. If your information is locked into the form, then the application has successfully been completed)
The Co-op application window follows the Course Declaration schedule for the upcoming semester. Please check the dates and deadlines below for the next application window
Co-op Important Dates and Deadlines
|Dates||Summer 2023 Co-op Applications|
Saturday, Sept 10, 2022
|Co-op Application Opens|
|Friday, Feb 3, 2023||Co-op Application Closes
Applications received after Feb 3, 2023, will be processed for the Fall 2023 intake.
|Monday, Feb 6, 2023 - Wed, Feb 22, 2023||Co-op Application Processing|
|1st Week of March||Decision Notification|
IMPORTANT - Summer 2023 applications are reviewed at the start of Spring 2023. Credits in progress during Fall 2022 will count towards your completed credits.
- Students in this intake complete COOP 1101 in Summer 2023 or later (if still eligible).
- You must complete COOP 1101 by the maximum credits for your Co-op program as stated in the University Calendar. Spring 2023 in-progress courses may exceed the maximum credits for your program and make you ineligible for Co-op.
- Due to the shorter nature of diploma programs, students in the following programs are asked to consider Spring 2023 in-progress courses as completed when applying to Co-op.
- Computer Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (Post-Baccalaureate)
- Human Resources Management (Post-Baccalaureate)
Ready to apply for Co-op? Learn about the 3-steps here.
Please Check Back For Upcoming Co-op Information Session Dates
Visit the Information Sessions page to sign up.
STEP 3 - Receive confirmation from the Co-op office
You will receive either of the following emails from the Co-op office explaining the result:
- Your application is Approved. You are now eligible to register for COOP 1101: Introduction to Professional and Career Readiness on or after your registration date. If you are unable to secure a seat for the upcoming semester, put yourself on the waitlist or you can try again for the next semester.
- Your application is Declined. You will receive an email that will contain a reason(s) why your application was declined. If you are unsure why your application was declined, locate the Entrance Requirements for your program for full details. You can reapply once you meet the entrance requirements for your program.
For questions or problems using the system, please contact us at email@example.com