ALERT: All Academic Advising teams have moved to remote meetings at this time. To set up a meeting:
1. Please find out which Advising Team is a fit for you
2. Log in to Advisor Connect to book.
Advising teams are offering different ways to connect with students.
PHONE: Some advising teams are offering phone appointments. Important note: these may be coming from blocked numbers. Please pick up the phone at your scheduled appointment time. Try to be near a computer if you can, so that you can view online resources that we may refer to.
ONLINE: Some advising teams are offering online appointments via either Skype or MS Teams. Please check your email for an email invitation from your advisor and follow the directions for connecting. Important note: you may need to download a program to connect online. Please click your meeting invitation in advance in order to leave time to download any necessary programs.
DROP INS: Some advising teams are offering short appointments by phone or online meant for one question that can be answered in 15 minutes or less. These questions should pertain to the current semester or current registration period. If you require more of an in-depth conversation, please make an appointment.
If you need assistance to book an appointment, please contact us at 604-599-2828.
Future StudentsFuture Students
New StudentsNew Students
Current StudentsCurrent Students
Academic advisors are available to discuss:
- Course planning & selection
- Program choices
- Course prerequisites
- Program & graduation requirements
- Academic regulations & policies
- Educational planning for career goals
There are several different advising teams at KPU to assist you as you progress towards graduation. See below to determine which advising team you should access and click through to their individual site for information on booking an appointment and online resources.
*Students can seek assistance via appointments over the phone, online, and email & do not need to come to campus for advising support. Please determine which team you need to meet with & check their contact page to view which options they are offering at this time.
- I am a new or returning student
- I am in my 1st or 2nd year of studies
- I am completing a certificate, diploma or associate degree
- I am a Business or Arts student with fewer than 60 credits
- I am a Design, Science or Trades student
- I am interested in Nursing
Academic & Career Advancement Advising
- I am taking or need upgrading courses
- I need to take an assessment test
- I am in ELST
- I don't meet the English Proficiency Requirements for Admission
- I want to complete the BC Adult Graduation Diploma
Arts Degree Advising
- I am a declared Arts degree student
- I am an Arts-intended student with more than 45 credits or more
- I am an Arts-intended transfer student
NOTE: students with less than 45 credits should book an appointment with Central Advising
Business Degree Advising
- I am in year 3 or 4 of one of the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting
- BBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- BBA in Human Resources Management
- BBA in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Technology (BTECH) in Information Technology
- I already have a degree but I would like to take courses for the CPA accounting designation.
- I am pursuing a post-baccalaureate/graduate program.
NOTE: Students in a certificate or diploma program or the first two years of a degree program should book an appointment with Central Advising or International Advising.
NOTE: Students in a post-baccalaureate/graduate program can book an appointment with Student Success Coach, Magdalena Mot or Tiffany Valle Anaya, through Advisor Connect.
Faculty of Health Advising
- I am admitted to or interested in one of the following programs: Health Care Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator, Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Post-Baccalaureate Nursing or Graduate Nursing program options.
- I am an international student in my 1st or 2nd academic year (with less than 60 credits)
- I am an international student enrolled in the ELST, ACP or Trades program
- I have questions about study and work permits
Science Degree Advising
- I am admitted to or interested in one of the following bachelor’s degree programs: Biology, Health Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics for Modern Technology, Plant Health, Urban Ecosystems, Sustainable Agriculture
Wilson School of Design Advising
- I am admitted to or interested in one of the following programs: Fashion & Technology, Fashion Marketing, Foundations in Design, Graphic Design for Marketing, Interior Design, Product Design, Technical Apparel
- I am a student with disability-related questions
- I am requesting academic accommodations
- I'd like to talk about transitioning from High School
- I am interested in disability-related funding
Current students seeking assistance from an academic advisor are welcome to make a 30 minute one-to-one appointment at any of our four campuses. These appointments are intended to assist students with in-depth questions regarding their academic planning.
Make an Appointment Using Advisor Connect
Advisor Connect is the new way of booking an academic advising appointment. This online appointment booking system allows current students the flexibility and convenience to book their own advising appointment using Advisor Connect. To book an advising appointment, simply follow the instructions outlined below. For additional assistance with how to book an appointment or if you are having difficulties logging in to Advisor Connect, email Academic Advising at email@example.com
Note: For optimal performance using Advisor Connect, please use Mozilla Firefox. If you are booking an appointment using your mobile, once you log in to Advisor Connect, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the mobile version on the left.
- Log in to Advisor Connect using your KPU user name (student ID) and password
- To schedule an appointment, click the "Search Availability" button under the Student Options menu on the left
- Select the appropriate Advising Centre you wish to make an appointment with from the drop-down menu
- Select the LOCATION (campus) for your advising appointment
- Modify the search options (e.g. dates, times, days, etc.)
- Click the "Search" button
- Click on the available time displayed on the right for when you would like your appointment (scroll to the right to find more available appointment times)
- Choose a REASON for your advising appointment
- Add any NOTES that will assist your Academic Advisor and click SAVE
- A confirmation email will be sent to your KPU email in-box (If you activated your text messaging option from the main menu, you will also receive a text message regarding your appointment)
Cancel Your Appointment Using Advisor Connect
- Log in to Advisor Connect using your KPU user name (student ID) and password
- All of your upcoming appointments will be listed on the left under your calendar
- To cancel the appointment, click the X next to the appointment (at the end)
- Enter your reason for cancelling the appointment (optional) and click the "Confirm Cancellation" button
- To make a new appointment, follow the above steps on making an appointment, starting with step 2
Prepare For an Appointment
- Research any related information to your program of study at KPU, and, if you are planning to transfer, at the university to which you will be transferring
- Write down specific questions ahead of time
- Bring all related documentation such as test results or transfer credit evaluations
Arrive at least 5 to 10 minutes prior to the start of a drop-in session at the advising area. Your name will be recorded on a drop-in sign-up sheet where students will be served on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Make a Drop-in Appointment
- Only a limited number of drop-ins can be seen within a given time period, so show up on time to ensure you can get your name on the list.
- Drop-in appointments are offered on the Surrey, Richmond and Langley campuses every week and consist of 10-minute individual appointments.
- Students that come to drop-ins are expected to come with very specific questions.
- Drop-ins are not intended to answer general or complex questions and students are encouraged to do their own research prior to seeing an advisor.
- If you have a question involving more work, please make a Full Appointment with an Advisor.
|CAMPUS||LOCATION||DATE & TIMES|
|KPU Surrey||Surrey Main Bldg
|Tuesday: 1pm to 4pm
Thursday: 1pm to 4pm
|KPU Richmond||Room 1560||Monday: 1pm to 330pm
Friday: 1pm to 330pm
|KPU Langley||Reception for Counselling and Academic Advising, West Building||Wednesday: 1pm to 3pm
NOTE: Last appointment will be taken at 3:45 pm at KPU Surrey, 3:15pm at the Richmond and 2:45pm at KPU Langley.
Prepare for a Drop-in Appointment
- Make sure you have read and understood all related information such as calendar descriptions of program requirements.
- Research any related information to your program of study both at KPU, and at the university you will be transferring to.
- Write down specific questions ahead of time.
- Bring all related documentation such as test results or transfer credit evaluations.