Who Should I connect with in Advising?
Advisors in the Faculty of Science & Horticulture meet with students who are:
- Declared Students in a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Horticulture Science degree with 45+ credits
- All-levels of Students in specialty FSH Credentials (CADD, Environmental Protection Technology/EPT, Engineering, Horticulture).
If you plan to complete one of the following KPU Science-based credentials:
- Science Diploma
- Associate of Science (General Science or Math)
- General Studies Diploma (even those with a Science or Horticulture focus)
If you are in one of the following academic/study-pathway categories:
- Students who are Sciences/Math students who intended to do university transfer for a traditional science or mathematics based degree elsewhere.
- Students who are completing academic upgrading in math or sciences disciplines or university science/horticulture pathways
- Students pursuing Nursing, including taking BIOL 1160 & 1260 (Anatomy & Physiology)
- Meet with Health Advisor, Josh Elford.
Are you a current student in the Faculty of Science and Horticulture (FSH) with questions about:
- Course planning?
- Transfer credits?
- Progression towards graduation?
- Academic standing and GPA?
Are you a student looking to enroll in a Science, Engineering or Horticulture program but need to upgrade?
- Need to upgrade math or science?
- Want to improve your English? The Faculty of Academic and Career Preparation can help!
- The Academic Advisor for Upgrading is also available to assist you further.
Are you a high school student wondering what minimum level of high school science you need for our Science and Horticulture programs?
Connect with and contact Science & Horticulture Advising:
FSH Advisors: ScienceHortAdvising@kpu.ca
Upgrading Advisor: UpgradingAdvising@kpu.ca
Phone: via Advisor Connect or 604-599-2828
In person at Surrey, Langley, Richmond: via Advisor Connect or 604-599-2828
Meet Your Advisors:
Andrea Flello, BA, Cert. Career & Academic Advising, CCDP
My name is Andrea Flello and I have been a member of the KPU community since 2005 - first as a student, then as staff; I hold a Bachelor of Arts with a Major in English, Minor in History (KPU, BC), a Certificate in Career and Academic Advising (Univ. Calgary, AB), am a Certified Career Development Practitioner with the Province of British Columbia (CCDP, BC) and am currently pursuing Masters-Level studies in Post Secondary Studies and Academic Advising (KSU).
Since beginning my career at KPU in Fall of 2007, I have worked in a variety of student service support roles. These include positions Student Enrolment Services, International Admissions, the Future Students’ Office (FSO), Central Advising and most recently, KPU’s Faculty of Science & Horticulture. Outside of KPU, I work on contract as a professional career and education consultant, a private music educator, a freelance trumpet player and as a musical ensembles manager.
In my leisure time, I enjoy travelling, RVing, cooking, concert-going, and dining out exploring new cuisines.
I look forward to assisting you through your educational journey at KPU!
Hannah Cenaiko, BA
In 2019 I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) with a Major in Sociology and Minor in Counselling from KPU. I thoroughly enjoyed my academics as well as my time as a volunteer in different capacities within KPU during my BA years. My experiences in these various roles at KPU was exceptionally positive and inspired me to seek employment at Kwantlen upon graduation. I previously worked in the Future Students’ Office with KPU prior to joining the Faculty of Science and Horticulture Advising Team in early 2023.
My goal as a post-secondary professional is to enable students to be successful in their KPU journey, and to build the reputation of KPU and all it has to offer learners.
When I am not working I enjoy going to the movie theatre to check out new releases, reading thriller novels, playing board games, and volunteering in my community.
I look forward to chatting with you about your goals, passions, interests, and educational plans.
Lacey Shorter, BA Psychology
Hello, my name is Lacey Shorter and I have been involved with KPU since 2011 – first as a student, then as a research assistant, and eventually as a staff member. I graduated from KPU with a Bachelor of Arts (Major in Psychology and Minor in Counselling) and I have worked in the KPU Bookstore, Testing and Assessment, Student Enrollment Services, Textbook/GM Office, and now as an Upgrading Advisor for the faculties of Science & Horticulture and Academic & Career Preparation.
My interests outside of work or study include playing video games, board games, camping, gardening, and photography.
Come see me if you have questions about meeting course prerequisites, program admission requirements, completing Pathway, improving your English language skills, English or math assessments, or anything else you may need upgrading for!
We look forward to assisting you!