There are several possible levels that can describe your status:
- Good Academic Standing
- Dean's Honor Roll
- Academic Warning
- Academic Probation
- Required to Withdraw
- Academic Suspension
For definitions of each of the academic standing levels, please visit: https://calendar.kpu.ca/academic-regulations/academic-standing/
To maintain good academic standing at KPU, a student must achieve a 2.00 GPA or higher for all undergraduate courses taken at KPU. Failure to meet this minimum academic standard will result in corrective action and can lead to permanent withdrawal from KPU.
KPU Policy ST6 defines the minimum standard of academic achievement for a KPU student.
The University Calendar provides detailed information about Academic Standing regulations.
If you have received a notification that you have been placed on Academic Warning or Probation, there are steps you can take but it is important to be aware of all the options.
The Advising Team is here to help you understand your Academic Standing and find ways to improve your GPA and succeed in your studies.
Academic Advisors can help with many of your questions:
- Which courses should I repeat to improve my GPA more quickly?
- Should I make the choice to withdraw from a course if I am not doing well?
- What are the stages of Academic Standing Review and will I be required to withdraw?
- How long will it take to boost my GPA and get back into Good Academic Standing?
- Where can I go for help when I am having difficulty with a course or just need some new learning strategies?