International Academic & Immigration Advising
KPU International Advising Unit has been providing hybrid services, for both virtual and in-person appointments and drop-ins. KPU International Student Advisors are available to support you. Read below for information on how to connect with advisors.
**Check out the International Student Update and our advising activities here!
A monthly newsletter with important news of interest to International Students!
Summer 2024 Live Registration Webinar - Let's Get Ready for Registration!
Join us live before the registration starts! Our experienced International Student Advisor will walk you through the course registration process in detail.
Click on the link at the time of the webinar and you will be directed to the Microsoft Teams Live Event
Session : Friday, March 8, 9:00 - 11:00 AM, the Pacific (Vancouver) time
Online/In-person Advising Appointment
Book a 30-minute appointment with an International Student Advisor if:
- I am an international student in a Diploma program, or a Bachelor program in 1st or 2nd academic year (with less than 45 credits)
- I am an international student enrolled in the ELST, ACP or Trades program
- I have questions about study and work permits
* Please visit the "step-by-step" instruction video on how to book an appointment with an advisor.
Make sure to select "Advising - International Students" and "Online" or "Specific campus" as location. Include your KPU email address in the notes section; if you choose "Online", you will receive a separate email with a link to join.
* Students who arrive more than 15 minutes past the start time of their appointment are considered “no-show” and will have to book a new appointment.
* If you are unable to attend your appointment for any reason, we request that you cancel your appointment as soon as possible through Advisor Connect (below 'Book an Appointment' link) so another student may book the timeslot. Click here to learn how to cancel an appointment.
* If you pre-booked an in-person appointment but are not feeling well, please do not come to the office and inform the advisor immediately; we will change it to a virtual appointment and send you an online meeting link.
Online/In-person Drop-In Sessions (Quick Questions Only）
Simply drop by during our session and ask your specific questions to an International Student Advisor.
* Please note:
- Last Sign-Up is 30 minutes before the session closes.
|10 AM - 12 PM
|1:30 - 4 PM
|In-person - Surrey
|In-person - Richmond
- Mon: 10 AM - 12 PM
- Tue, Wed, Thu & Fri: 1:30 - 4 PM
Please refer to "Who Should I See?" before joining Drop-In Sessions.
For in-person drop-in, please come to the front desk of the international office 15 minutes before the scheduled time to sign up.
For online drop-in, please join 10 minutes prior to the meeting time to be added to the queue in an accurate order.
* Join the session with your first name as the display name.
* Students who are seeking support regarding Course Planning, Required to Withdraw, and Academic Standing inquiries are strongly encouraged to book an appointment.
* A limited number of students will be assisted during each drop-in session. Once we have reached the capacity for the session, the meeting room will be closed and there will be a "lockout" message displayed. We encourage you to try to join the next drop-in session.
As your International Student Advisors, we're here to support you with your studies at Kwantlen and make your transition and stay in Canada smooth and seamless. We can help you with academic questions e.g. course and program planning, registration, and policies, as well as non-academic questions e.g. study permit, work permit, temporary resident visa, etc. We welcome current students, including prospective students who have accepted our admission offer, to meet us through an appointment or drop-in, or contact us via email or phone if you have any questions. We offer in-person appointments as well as online and phone appointments. Please check out the KPU International iCent app for additional resources on student support, campus services, transportation, and more.