Due to COVID-19, KPU International is providing all services remotely. However, rest assured that KPU International Advisors are still available to support you. Read below for information on how to book an online/phone appointment.
Got another question about COVID-19? Check out the FAQ.
Online Advising Appointment (30 min)
- Go to Advisor Connect
- Select "International Student - Advising"
- Select Location as "International ONLINE Appointment"
- You must include your KPU email address in the notes section as you book an appointment; you will receive a separate email with a link to join the online appointment with instructions (through Microsoft Teams).
* If you arrive 15 minutes late or more to your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule unless the advisor's schedule can still acoommodate you.
Online Drop-In Session (20 min)
- Date: Every day from Monday to Friday (except Thursday mornings)
- Time: 10 AM - 12 PM AND 2 - 4 PM (please join 10 minutes prior to the meeting time to be added to the queue in accurate order)
- How to join: Use this link to join the online drop-in session.
* Please note that there is no afternoon drop-in on Fri, Oct 16.
* Please note that a limited number of students will be assisted during each drop-in session. Once we have reached the capacity for the session, the meeting room will be closed and there will be a "lock out" message displayed. We encourage you to try to join the next drop-in session.
Email Inquiries: You can also send us an email inquiry at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org if that is easier for you. Emails will continue to be answered during the office closure.
Phone Inquiries: We are also available by phone (604 599 2866) Monday to Friday (except Wednesday) from 1- 4 PM.
As your International Educational Advisors, we're here to support you with your studies at Kwantlen and make your transition and stay in Canada smooth and seamless. We can help you with academic questions e.g. course and program planning, registration, and policies, as well as non-academic questions e.g. study permit, work permit, temporary resident visa, etc. We welcome current students, including prospective students who have accepted our admission offer, to meet us through an appointment or drop-in, or contact us via email or phone if you have any questions. We offer in-person appointments as well as Skype and phone appointments. Please check out the KPU International iCent app for additional resources on student support, campus services, transportation, and more.
To Connect with an Advisor:
- Go to advisorconnect.kpu.ca
- Enter your User Name (9-digit KPU student ID) and KPU Password to log in
- Click “Search Availability” under Student Options on the left
- Choose “International Student-Advising” under Center
(If you are a Partnership student, please select your Partnership)
- Choose your location - International phone appointment
- Choose the date and time you want to meet
- Click “Search” and follow instructions on that page
- Choose a REASON for your advising appointment
- Put in your phone number and email address under the Notes section so our advisors can connect with you for your appointment
You will receive a booking confirmation email in your @email.kpu.ca inbox.
Drop-in is a 10 minute individual appointment for international students with very specific questions. Drop-ins are first come, first served. During regular drop-in, we can see a maximum of 24 students per day at the Surrey campus and 16 students per day at the Richmond campus (subject to International Educational Advisor's availability). To confirm availability, please call 604-599-2566. Students start being added to the drop-in queue at 1:55pm, but we encourage you to arrive early.
Regular drop-in hours
Surrey (Cedar, room 1145): Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 2-4PM
Richmond (Main, room 1400): Tuesdays, Thursdays 2-4PM
Civic Plaza (room 613) for Post-Bac/Graduate Diploma students ONLY: Wednesdays 1-3PM