Skip to main content

Mask wearing is now a matter of personal preference at KPU. Their use in indoor public areas is strongly recommended. [Read more]

You are here

New International Student

Congratulations on your admission to KPU—you made it! Get prepared for your new adventure at KPU by exploring our online resources. Plus, if you have a question, our International Transitions team is always here to support you.

New Student To-Do List Coming to Canada

Before you arrive

  • New student check list

    Upon receiving your Letter of Acceptance, review and download the New Student Checklist to learn how to prepare for your studies at KPU.

  • Travelling to Canada

    Due to COVID-19, all international KPU students who are outside of Canada must be familiar with travel eligibility requirements, quarantine regulations, and more, before planning any travel.

  • Living in Metro Vancouver

    Metro Vancouver is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse urban regions in Canada. It’s welcoming, friendly, clean, and safe, offering an exciting array of outdoor adventures, sporting events, restaurants, cultural activities, and shopping destinations.

  • Pre-arrival online webinar

    Are you a new/current student at KPU arriving in Canada for the first time? If so, these webinars are for you! These webinars cover important information such as; what to bring, living in Metro Vancouver, insurance, campus locations, how to find housing, etc.


  • New Student Orientation

    Join the KPU Community to get ready for the beginning of your journey here at KPU. Get your questions answered in real time and celebrate the upcoming semester with the rest of the new incoming class.

  • Moodle orientation

    Learn valuable and practical information about starting your studies like how to get your books, what services are available to you, the upass, and your KSA Health and Dental plan through our Online Orientation Course.

  • KPU Welcomes you

    KPU Welcomes You is the on-campus portion of your KPU Orientation! With times scattered across three of our campuses, you’ll pick a time to come to that campus to learn all you need to know to hit the ground running.

After you arrive

  • Medical insurance

    Learn about temporary Health Insurance for International Students and the BC Medical Services Plan (BC MSP).

  • Apply for your Social Insurance Number (SIN)

    SIN is a 9-digit number that is needed in order to work in Canada or have access to government programs and benefits. A SIN is issued to one person only and it should not be used by anyone else other than yourself.

  • Update Your Contact Information

    Once you have settled into your new home in Canada, it's time to update your address, email, and other contact information on KPU's Online Self-Service (OSS). This helps ensure that you receive relevant information from KPU without delay.

Need to Talk to Someone?

Whatever your question, the KPU International team is here to help!

Contact Us