If you're looking for part-time, on-campus work while you're studying, two types of positions are available:
- Work Study Student Assistant
- Student Assistant
Work Study Student Assistant
The Work Study Program offers part-time job opportunities on KPU campuses to full-time undergraduate students. The program provides financial assistance and career related employment experiences to students with demonstrated financial need. In recognizing that students' first commitment is to their studies, these positions are flexible and can offer challenging work and future experience for students who will work directly with faculty members, administrative and academic units.
To participate in the Work Study Program, students must demonstrate financial need, have a minimum CGPA of 2.0 and be registered as a full-time student*. Approved applicants are placed on a first-come, first-served basis until available funding has been fully allocated.
Work Study awards are adjudicated by the Student Awards and Financial Assistance (SAFA) Office while work-study placements are arranged through Career Services.
Dozens of new Work Study positions will be rolled out in the summer on Career Connection for the following year.
How to Qualify
- Must be a domestic student.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.0
- Must be show financial need. *To determine eligibility, please fill up the Work Study Eligibility form.pdf and send it to the Student Awards and Financial Assistance Office.
- Must be a full time student, enrolled in 9 credits or more throughout the term. (Only 3 credits for the summer 2019)
How to Apply
- Log in to Career Connection, KPU's online job posting system.
- Go to the Job Postings tab. In the Position Type drop-down menu, select Work Study.
- Review the positions, and apply to those of interest by uploading your resume.
The application process is the same as for other types of employment. If you qualify for an interview, the Hiring Manager will contact you directly.
*Students with a documented permanent disability through StudentAid BC (as assessed through their grant/loan application) are eligible to participate in Work-Study at a reduced course load (minimum 6.0 credit hours, i.e. 40%).
As a Student Assistant you will gain experience working in a variety of departments, similar to Work Study positions; but, you are not required to be approved for a student loan. Positions are available throughout the year.
How to Apply
- Log in to Career Connection.
- Click the Job Postings tab. In the Position Type drop-down menu, select Student Assistant.
- Apply to positions of interest by uploading your resume.
If you qualify for an interview, the Hiring Manager will contact you directly.
Contact Career Services: email@example.com or 604-599-3051