KPU offers two types of student positions for current KPU students:
The Work Study Program offers part-time job opportunities for full-time KPU undergraduate students. The program provides financial assistance and career related employment experiences to students with demonstrated financial need. In recognizing that students' first commitment is to their studies, these positions are flexible and can offer challenging work and future experience for students who will work remotely with faculty members, administrative and academic units. Work Study awards are adjudicated by the Student Awards and Financial Assistance (SAFA) Office while work-study placements are arranged through the Career Development Centre.
Approved applicants are placed on a first-come, first-served basis until available funding has been fully allocated.
Student Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be a domestic student
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.0
- Must show financial need. *To determine eligibility, please fill up the Work Study Eligibility form.pdf and send it to the Student Awards and Financial Assistance Office.
- Must be a full time student, enrolled in 9 credits or more throughout the term (3 credits needed to extend workterm for Summer)
How to Apply
2. SAFA will review your form based on the Student Eligibility Criteria:
- domestic student
- in ‘Good Academic Standing’ with a CGPA of 2.0 or Higher
- have a financial need
- Taking 9 credits or more during the work term (3 credits needed to extend workterm for Summer)
- Taking 6 credits or more for students with permanent disabilities (3 credits needed to extend workterm for Summer)
Note: Students that applied before registering for classes will be put on hold until the student has met the minimum credits needed to be eligible for Work Study
3. SAFA will send you a notification if you are eligible for Work Study or not
4. If eligible, log in to Career Connection, KPU's online job posting system and go to the Job Postings tab. In the Position Type drop-down menu, select Work Study
5. Review the Work Study positions, and apply to those of interest by uploading your resume or other documents required by the hiring manager.
The application process is the same as for other types of employment. If you qualify for an interview, the Hiring Manager will contact you directly.
*Students with a documented permanent disability through StudentAid BC (as assessed through their grant/loan application) are eligible to participate in Work-Study at a reduced course load (minimum 6.0 credit hours, i.e. 40%).
As a Student Assistant you will gain experience working in a variety of departments, similar to Work Study positions; but, are not required to be approved for a student loan. Positions are open to domestic and internation students and are available throughout the year.
How to Apply
- Log in to Career Connection.
- Click the Job Postings tab. In the Position Type drop-down menu, select Student Assistant.
- Apply to positions of interest by uploading your resume.
If you qualify for an interview, the Hiring Manager will contact you directly.
Contact Career Development Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-599-3051