The Career Enhancement Fund was established to assist faculty, departments and student groups at KPU in supporting the costs of various career related activities for students.
Who can apply for funding?
All faculty, department, and student groups are eligible to apply to the fund for their group of students.
How much funding is available?
Three awards of $500 are offered each year.
How will the Career Development Centre assist successful applicants?
- Assist in the creation and coordination of the career related event/activity
- Help arrange for specialized certification that increases the employability of the successful applicants’ group of students
What are some examples of events, activities, or certifications?
- Mini career fair
- Workshops on or off campus
- Career related conference fees for students only
- Information sessions/ guest speakers
- Certification (Forklift, First Aid, WHMIS, Typing, etc.)
- Shadowing/field trips
- Specialized events such as mock Dragon’s Den, Speed Resume, etc.
How do you apply for funding?
Faculty, department or student group must fill out the Career Enhancement Application and submit by the deadline. (Email or hard copy is ok.) Applications will be reviewed by a committee and notified.
Intercampus: Surrey Main 136
What are the criteria for funding?
Criteria encompass the following factors:
- Include a description of the activity, event, or certification
- Demonstrate how the activity will benefit students' careers
- Provide at least one point of contact and commitment from faculty/non-faculty departments/student groups
- Benefit a large population--these will be given priority
- Be used within 1 year of application
- Must submit all receipts and complete the feedback form at the end of the activity/event
When is the deadline?
Applications are now open until January 31, 2020
Contact Michele Matthysen, Career Services, Surrey Main, 136.