Note: The use of the institution by employees engaged in activities outside the scope of their employment, constitutes as use by an external group and will be subjected to rental fees.
How to Book a Room?
To successfully book a room at KPU, please follow these steps:
- View room availabilities in Astra (sign in required)
- Submit Room Booking Request form based on the available rooms/spaces
- Receive confirmation report from Astra, this will list your reservation number
- Complete Setup Request form, if needed (required for conference centres and public spaces)
- Provide your Astra reservation number in the Setup Request form (required)
- Receive a setup confirmation email, this will list your setup request number
- Save reservation number and setup request number to make adjustments to your booking/setup in future
How to Revise My Booking?
- Retrieve the booking’s Astra reservation number (can be found on confirmation report)
- Check room availabilities in Astra to ensure space is available
- Email the following to Roomrent:
- Reservation number
- Revision details (i.e. date, time, room, etc.)
How Far in Advance Can I Book a Room?
- Meeting rooms, conference centres and public spaces are bookable up to one year in advance
- Classrooms are bookable only after Scheduling and Continuing & Professional Studies have completed their room assignments for each semester: typically late March (for Summer), late July (for Fall), late November (for Spring)
- For further details on Roomrent procedures, please see Room Booking Procedures