“Kwantlen was easily the best educational experience of my life from pre-school all the way up. The curriculum was rich with information and the teachers are truly an all-star cast of inspirational knowledgeable role models. I have moved back to VA and found that Kwantlen is already opening lots of doors to higher tiers of horticulture positions for me.”
Kwantlen's Sustainable Crop Production graduates can:
- Produce vegetables, flowers, and nursery crops
- Utilize business skills (finance, communications, supervision) in production horticulture
- Manage production environments and facilities
- Implement integrated pest management programs
All applicants must satisfy Kwantlen’s General University Admission Requirements. Complete details at: kwantlen.ca/generaladmissionIn addition, the following course prerequisites apply:
- English 12 with a C+ or equivalent (writing the Kwantlen English Placement Test is recommended if a candidate cannot meet the required minimum letter grade). Required for CMNS 1140.
- Mathematics 11 ( Pre-calculus (C-), Foundations (C)) with a C is required for several HORT courses. Please refer to the University Calendar.
Applicants are invited to meet with a faculty member to help clarify program demands and career opportunities. Early application is recommended. Applications are accepted early as November 1st for the following September start.
Tuition and Program Costs
- Kwantlen offers many scholarships, awards, bursaries and information on other funding options. Visit our Scholarships and Awards website for more information on a wide range of financial assistance and awards programs available to Kwantlen students.
- Students returning to school from the workforce may be eligible for Employment and Social Development Canada sponsorship. Contact your local Employment Centre for details on eligibility www.esdc.gc.ca
Opportunities for Further Studies
Continue your horticulture education with the Bachelor of Horticulture Science. Study either Plant Health or Urban Ecosystems. All your diploma course credits count towards the first two years of either degree.
Diploma graduates have the option to continue their studies towards a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree at Kwantlen. For more information on this opportunity, please call 604-599-3283. Transfer depends on the student's academic record. Some course substitutions may be approved to facilitate transfer to the B.B.A.
A Diploma in Horticulture Technology will be granted to students who have completed the required course work as listed below. Note: Courses may be taken out of the order listed below, but specific course prerequisites apply. See on-line calendar for course prerequisites: www.kpu.ca/calendar/2015-16/courses/hort/index.html