The Bachelor of Interior Design (IDSN) program provides you with a four-year intensive education in the built environment. You will learn practical design and technical knowledge that you can apply to a professional career as an interior designer. During your education, you will also take part in on-site visits to firms, suppliers and manufacturers and gain an in-depth understanding of the design industry.
As part of IDSN you will:
- practice both oral and written communication skills
- study technical information
- learn and practice design theory and history
- gain an understanding of professional business practices
- become a member of the interior Designer Institute of BC
- work in a host design firm for a professional experience
- apply all of your learning in Design Studio projects.
You will gain important employability skills including leadership, problem solving, researching, creative thinking, and working as a team member. Your degree will give you the tools to become a professional interior designer or to continue your education at a graduate level.
The information on this site is intended to help you in a variety of ways:
- to inform you about our program
- to help you understand admission processes
- to answer the most commonly asked questions
Please note: Information sessions for the School of Design are held on the Richmond Campus. Information sessions present verbal and visual information and provide opportunities to have your questions answered. Please check the Kwantlen website for dates and times of info sessions or contact the Admissions Office at 604.599.2000 at the Surrey campus.