Items are normally considered first by a committee and then referred to Senate.
Most submissions are made to the Senate Office for routing to the appropriate committee(s).
Forms for submissions are listed below by topic.
All submissions should include a cover page (click here for the cover page template). If an item proceeds from committee to Senate, the cover page will be updated by the Senate Office / Committee Chair.
Institutional Recognition | SSC Academic Planning and Priorities
Program Development and Change | SSC Curriculum
An overview of the process and procedures is set out in the Appendix A flowcharts.
Details are provided in the University’s Guide for Program Development and Program Change.
The forms referenced in the Guide can be downloaded from the links below:
- D-1. IAP Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form
- D-1a. IAP Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form – Example of how to complete the form
- D-2. Library Impact Assessment Form
- D-3a. Degree Concept Form
- D-3b. Non-Degree Concept Form
- D-4. Budgetary Impact of Curriculum Proposal Form
- D-5. Financial Assessment Template
- D-7. Program Change Form
- D-8. Determination of New Degree – AVED Template
- D-9. Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-10. Non-Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-11. AVED Stage 1 Review of New Degrees Blank Template
- D-11a. KPU Guidelines for Completing the AVED Stage 1 Review Template
Your submissions are made through the Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum (SSCC). The committee webpage lists the meeting dates and submissions deadlines.
For more information regarding the completion of the above forms, the governance approval process, or the timeline for making submissions to Senate, please contact Dr. David Burns, Vice Chair of Senate and Chair of the Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum, at David.Burns@kpu.ca.
Course Development | SSC Curriculum
Course Outline Template - for course development or change.
Course Attributes Process
Reference Documents for Curriculum Development | SSC Curriculum
Associate of Arts Degree Framework
Bachelor of Science Degree Framework
Flexible Pre-Major Agreements Protocol / Sample / Signature Sheet
2018-19 University Calendar Production Schedule
Qualifications for Faculty Members| S Governance
Honorary Degrees and Awards | SSC Tributes
Administrative Support: Senate Office