Items are normally considered first by a committee and then referred to Senate.
Most submissions are made to the Senate Office for routing to the appropriate committee(s).
Forms for submissions are listed below by topic.
All submissions should include a cover page (click here for the cover page template). If an item proceeds from committee to Senate, the cover page will be updated by the Senate Office / Committee Chair.
Program Development and Change
An overview of the process and procedures is set out in the Appendix A flowcharts.
Details are provided in the University’s Guide for Program Development and Program Change.
The forms referenced in the Guide can be downloaded from the links below:
- D-1. IAP Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form
- D-1a. IAP Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form – Example of how to complete the form
- D-2. Library Impact Assessment Form
- D-3a. Degree Concept Form
- D-3b. Non-Degree Concept Form
- D-4. Budgetary Impact of Curriculum Proposal Form
- D-5. Financial Assessment Template
- D-7. Program Change Form
- D-8. Determination of New Degree – AVED Template
- D-9. Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-10. Non-Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-11. AVED Stage 1 Review of New Degrees Blank Template
- D-11a. KPU Guidelines for Completing the AVED Stage 1 Review Template
The Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum reviews program changes. The Senate Standing Committee on Academic Planning and Priorities is the first Senate committee to review Program Concepts. You will find submission deadlines for both these committees on their websites.
For more information regarding the completion of the above forms, the governance approval process, or the timeline for making submissions to Senate, please contact Dr. David Burns, Vice Chair of Senate and Chair of the Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum, at David.Burns@kpu.ca.
Course Outline Template - for course development or change.
Course Attributes Process
Institutional Recognition | SSC Academic Planning and Priorities
Appeal Hearing Request| SSC Appeals
Qualifications for Faculty Members | S Governance and Nominating
Search Advisory Committee Members | S Governance and Nominating
Honorary Degrees and Awards | SSC Tributes
Administrative Support: Senate Office