Third Age Learning at Kwantlen (TALK)
Life-long Learning:TALK provides those 50 and over with creative and stimulating educational activities.
What makes TALK different?
TALK is a participatory learning experience with no quizzes, grades or prerequisites. The learning process is lively, full of discussion, controversy, humour, insight and wisdom. In addition to participating in courses, you can become a course facilitator, plan curriculum, identify speakers, prepare newsletters, recruit new members, help organize special events or promote TALK. For further information on being a TALK volunteer, contact Chair Robin Heath at email@example.com.
TALK membership is open to anyone 50 years or older. The annual membership fee $10.
Benefits of Membership
- Participation in TALK courses which are offered at low fees that just cover administration costs
- Lower cost for TALK members are all open events
- Opportunity for companionship, mental stimulation and fun!
THE TALK AGM WITH AMAZING SPEAKER AND SENIORS ADVOCATE ISOBEL MACKENZIE!
ON FACEBOOK - JOIN OUR GROUP!
TALK is on Facebook...
So, please "like" us...
- Click here to go to our Facebook Page in a new window. (The full URL is https://www.Facebook.com/kpu.ca.TALK.)
- Click here to go to our Facebook Group Page in a new window. (The full URL is https://www.facebook.com/groups/697127260390288/.)
TALK Course Venues
- Cloverdale Campus (Kwantlen Tech, 5500 - 180 Street, Surrey)
- Langley Campus (20901 Langley Bypass, Langley)
- Richmond Campus (8771 Lansdowne Road, Richmond, just East of the Lansdowne Centre, less than 10-minute walk from Translink's Lansdowne Station)
- Surrey Campus (Kwantlen's home/main campus, 12666 - 72 Avenue, Surrey)
TALK Greatly Appreciates
- Our member volunteers who create and facilitate programs, contact presenters, distribute brochures, organize special events, create the newsletter and help promote TALK!
- The assistance in course registration, room bookings, brochure and newsletter production, marketing and other activities provided by KPU’s Faculty of Academic and Career Advancement.
- The valued technical assistance of KPU's Manager, Web and Digital Technology.
- Our presenters who volunteer their time and expertise to provide us with life long learning!
Registration is now open.
To register, please visit: http://www.kpu.ca/talk/registration
TALK maintains a collegial relationship with a number of sister organizations.
If you happen to live in the Abbotsford/Chilliwack/Mission area, you might want to look into the programs and activities of the Lifetime Learning Centre. Here is a link to their home page.
Chilliwack Elder College always has a wide variety of courses. You can check them out here
In the Surrey area, Age Friendly Strategy for Seniors hosts a variety of events of interest to seniors. Check out their website at
A course is available for people living with dementia and those caring for loved ones with dementia. The focus is from a person centered philosophy of caring and focusing on the quality of life for these individuals living with dementia. Here is the link to the OER "Living Well with Dementia: Through Voice and Choice."
Learning with a Difference!
The annual membership fee is $10. Membership year runs from September 1 to August 31.
The cost of courses, events, and Philosophers' Corner sessions varies.
Please visit the other areas of our web site for details.