(1) Do I have to be a TALK member to attend courses?
- Yes, TALK is an organization run by the members. The $10 yearly membership dues pay for marketing and a small honorarium for the speakers. Registration fees pay for the cost of registration, mailings, etc. There is an exception for some single events where non-members may attend for a slightly higher fee.
(2) What if I find I will not be able to attend a course I have registered for?
- Members are entitled to a refund of course fees if withdrawal occurs before the “Please Register By” date. TALK membership fees will not be refunded.
- Summary of Cancellation Policy
(3) Do I have to be a TALK member to attend a Philosophers’ Corner?
- Philosophers’ Corners are open to the public. You do not have to be a TALK member to attend. Pre-registration is not necessary and attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a suggested minimum $2.00 donation for each Philosophers' Corner.
(4) May I register after the course “register by” date?
- Yes, you may register after that date. However, it is preferable to have members register earlier so that we know if we have enough people to run the course. Some courses fill up quickly so it is a good idea to register as early as you can.
(5) Is there parking available on campus?
Parking is available on all Kwantlen campuses. The cost is $5.00.
- Remember car's license plate number.
- Go to a Paystation located at main building entrances.
- Key in license number; select time; then pay. Coin plus Visa and MasterCard are accepted at all Pay-by-Stall Paystations.
- Take receipt - no need to display on vehicle dash. The pass will be valid on all campuses for the day of purchase with displayed receipt.
If you have a handicapped placard, parking is free in the marked handicapped spaces only. If you park in a regular stall, you are expected to pay.
There is also free parking at the Newton Athletic Centre near the Surrey campus.
(6) How can I get more information on the course content?
- Please contact the Program Chair, Jean Garnett, at email@example.com or 604-277-1130.
Please note that there are elevators on each campus for those who have trouble with the stairs.
Note also that you may request a campus security escort to accompany you to and from your vehicle.