The Diploma in Public Relations is a two-year program consisting of 60 credits of coursework, half of which focus on public relations education, and half of which focus on business education and breadth electives from across the university.
The program is designed for students and professionals of varying experience levels who are seeking to acquire the public relations theory and practical skills necessary for both entry-level and intermediate levels of employment in PR and professional communications.
Our diploma stands on its own, but is also an excellent compliment for professionals with previous education or experience who are looking to get into the PR industry.
- Flexible: The program is offered on an open registration basis, allowing students to work and complete their studies at a pace that suits their lifestyle.
- Ladderable: With careful planning, students can complete the diploma as part of another degree at KPU, counting towards as much as half the credits required for a four-year BBA in Marketing or a BA in Journalism or General Studies.
- Experiential: Our instructors are industry professionals who combine PR theory with hands-on experiential learning. Students have the option of pursuing Co-Op work terms during their study.
- Current: Our courses are aligned with the latest academic and industry standards, and are developed with an advisory committee of PR experts.
- Credible: The KPU PR program has a strong reputation in the public relations community, with award-winning students and active and engaged alumni.
Our graduates are ready to work, or to pursue further undergraduate studies.