Our Fashion Design & Technology program gives students the design skills, business acumen and marketing savvy they need to succeed in the fashion industry at home or abroad.
Our graduates work for such renowned Lower Mainland companies as Arc’teryx, Aritzia, Kit and Ace, lululemon, Kensie, Mountain Equipment Co-op, Mustang Survival, Aritzia, and Plenty. Others have found success around the world working for global companies like Nike, Abercrombie & Fitch, Nordstrom, Volcom, and Chloe.
Your Fashion Design & Technology degree will give you the skills to:
· Become a fashion entrepreneur and start your own line. (Our graduates have launched such lines as Allison Wonderland, TrunkShow, Flaming Angels, Osei-Duro, Jolie Couture and Taylor Hart Design).
· Become a freelance designer.
· Work in the design, marketing or production department for world-renowned apparel companies.
· Work in smaller design houses in a role that encompasses all aspects of the business.
· Advance your career to become a fashion industry leader.
· Begin a career as a high school textiles teacher. Graduates may be eligible for entry into UBC’s Bachelor of Education program in Home Economics.