Due to heightened concern about the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, KPU is complying with the recommendation from B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer not to host or take part in events where attendance is expected to exceed 250. Unfortunately, this means that the Wilson School of Design at KPU has made the difficult decision to cancel our upcoming Year-End Graduate Showcase events (scheduled for March 19 and April 16). Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of everyone on our campuses. If you have purchased tickets to any of our Fashion Shows, we will be providing full refunds to all ticketholders and appreciate your patience while we work with Eventbrite to facilitate. We are exploring a variety of options to showcase and celebrate the work of our students and will share solutions as they are developed. Thank you for your understanding.
To many, it’s a piece of fabric. To you, it’s a blank canvas just waiting to be brought to life. Make your mark in the world of fashion with the longest-running four year degree program in Western Canada.
The Wilson School of Design's Bachelor of Design, Fashion Design & Technology program has an international reputation for building tomorrow’s fashion leaders. Our unique, industry-focused curriculum gives students the design skills, business acumen and marketing savvy they need to compete in the global fashion marketplace.
Many of our graduates hold innovative positions in local apparel and design companies in place well before graduation. Many more find that our often sold-out graduation showcase events, attended by industry and media, help launch their design career.
What makes our program so special?
· Our teachers are industry leaders who are plugged into the global fashion scene.
· Our program simulates a professional working environment and constantly adapts to reflect the changing marketplace.
· Our classrooms are equipped with cutting-edge technology used by industry.
· Our workplace practicum program opens the doors to top local companies such as lululemon, Arc’teryx, Oak + Fort, and Manuel Mendoza.
· Our international exchange program prepares students to become global fashion leaders.
· Our students study at fashion schools in London, England; Melbourne, Australia; Berlin, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Monterey, USA; Horsens, Denmark and Taipei, China.
· Our many inspiring guest speakers and presentations invite students to take their learning outside of the classroom and participate in the vibrant local design community.
The University Calendar is KPU's official guide to academic programs, courses, and regulations. It includes all the academic programs at KPU, the requirements for admission, the curricular requirements for graduation, the dates of the academic terms, and the fees. It is published by the University Registrar.