Non-Profit Resources and Examples of Community-Campus Initiatives
COVID-19 and Volunteer Involving Organizations from Vantage Point has great resources with links to Virtual Volunteering, Volunteer Safely, Volunteer Management & Emergency Response, Mental Health Supports, AGMs During COVID-19, Sector Advocacy, Sector Governance & Operations, Corporate Community Engagement, Public Health, Online Learning
NO IMMUNITY BC NONPROFITS AND THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 AN EARLY IMPACT SUMMARY REPORT. Completed by Vantage Point, Vancouver Foundation and Victoria Foundation and released May 13, 2020. The report follows from a survey conducted with the region’s nonprofit organizations and survey and provides information about how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the operations and program delivery of nonprofit organizations in BC, including what assistance they might need.
Food Secure Canada also provides a spreadsheet of needs across the country.
Community Campus Engage Canada includes ideas for helping out, including bringing greater awareness of existing vulnerabilities and inequalities in communities and harnessing the potential of virtual methods of engagement for broader inclusion and knowledge-sharing.
Universities Canada is gathering stories about partnership projects.
Check here for examples of KPU’s mobilization around COVID-19. Much of KPU’s most immediate support has been mobilized around supporting students, and building on our current community connections with donations and research. Here are some of the things happening at other institutions to help brainstorm possible partnership options.
Here are some of the activities at the University of Windsor - you can read through to help brainstorm possible partnership options.
And, the University of Guelph has provided a great resource for students that might be of interest more widely.
- Psychology prof offers free counselling to front-line workers
- Engineering co-op student helps employer increase face shield production
- Biochemist research improvements to COVID-19 testing
- Prof seeking to harness power of gaming to fight pandemic
- Support helping instructors and teachers develop skills to teach online
- Sanitizer formulated by UWindsor chemists gets into – and onto – local hands
- Community resource hub to provide reliable, fact-based information
- Timely tools to help digital learning
- Retirees association marshalling volunteer delivery service
If you have some ideas to share or some stories of success, please let us know.