We invite all KPU retirees to join our new association:
Our legal address to send applications is:
800 - 15355 24 AVE
SURREY BC V4A 2H9
BENEFITS OF KPURA MEMBERSHIP
1. Quarterly Newsletter – KPURA News – keeping us connected with news of retirees’:
b. community-based activities,
c. research and scholarly activities,
d. social activities.
2. Reduced fees for KPURA-sponsored activities such as wine tastings, local boat, streetcar and walking tours, lunches.
Since our initial meeting for formation in 2017 we have sponsored 13 events attended by 333 people (79 KPU retirees and 22 spouses/guests).
3. Keeping connected with colleagues and friends – with the “Kwantlen Family”.
4. Maintaining friendships and creating new ones.
5. The exchange of information.
6. Intellectual engagement.
7. Ongoing support from and to the university.
8. Representation of their interests as retirees.
9. Access to benefits of the College and University Retirees Association of Canada (CURAC) 42 member associations (including KPURA) embracing some 16,000 retirees
Benefits www.curac.ca :
a. Discounted travel
b. Discounted home and car insurance
c. Discounted pet insurance
d. Extended health insurance – in some aspects better than our group pension health insurance – rates are not age-banded
e. Two different travel/trip cancellation plans – one is not age-banded
f. Quarterly Newsletter
g. Annual National Conference
We look forward to you coming to join in the fun.
Members may access the Constitition and ByLaws with these links:
KPURA Constitution: https://www.kpu.ca/sites/default/files/retirees/KPURA_Constitution_2018.pdf
KPURA ByLaws: https://www.kpu.ca/sites/default/files/retirees/KPURA_Bylaws_2018.pdf