We're so excited you've decided to study Horticulture with us at KPU. By enrolling in this program you are positioning yourself for a well rounded education to support careers in many different areas of the Horticulture industry.
Please be advised students will need to purchase the following equipment prior to the start of their studies:
Horticulture Student Equipment List:
- CSA green triangle steel toe workboots (ankle boot recommended)
- Tightfitting work gloves - no leather, no gauntlet loose cuffs, NO LATEX!
- Outdoor weather proof work wear: Waterproof, sealed seams ( eg: Helly Hansen, Pioneer, Wetskins. NOT Gore-Tex --it doesn’t work when dirty).
- Personal safety eyewear (Safety goggles/Polycarbonate safety lens).
- Handheld professional quality bypass pruners ( only required in some courses)
- Hats to protect from cold, rain, sun.
University horticultural science courses are interesting, engaging and rewarding but have a heavy workload due to weekly mandatory labs and hands-on training. As this is the case, we recommend you review the appropriate course plan for your first year to keep your school-work-life balance, to ensure prerequisites for future semesters are met and to ensure success in all of your courses.
Please note: Some KPU Horticulture courses have prerequisite (registration) requirements. If you are missing any of these, please make an appointment to see an Academic Advisor by calling 604.599.2828 for "first year course planning and prerequisites".
For information on NEXT STEPS including how to check your registration time, registering for courses, paying your tuition and buying textbooks visit the Newly Accepted Students page.
Please see the following resources to assist you with your course planning as a first-year student in one of the following Diploma programs:
For any questions or clarification required, please contact 604.599.2828 to book an appointment with an Academic Advisor.