SEATS ARE FILLING FAST!
Applications for September 2018 are currently being accepted. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or call to 604-599-3095 to see if there are still any vacancies.
WATCH this website in September for 2019 Information/Intake Sessions
See either the Work Exploration or Job Preparation Options web page for eligibility and more program details.
The Access Programs for People with Disabilities teach the essential skills to become successful students, capable employees and valuable members of the community.
Access Programs for People with Disabilities Department (APPD) offers two ten-month programs for adults with a permanent disability or a combination of learning difficulties that hinder scholastic success. These programs prepare students for employment, volunteer work or further education.
- Work Exploration Option Students will explore work and continuous learning opportunities. They will increase independence in campus, community and work settings. Students will also develop essential skills through participation in a combination of employment-oriented classroom instruction and monitored work experience.
- Job Preparation Option Students will investigate and prepare for future work and academic opportunities. They will identify options for involvement in campus, community and work settings. Students will build essential skills through a combination of employment-oriented classroom instruction and monitored work experience.
- Graduation from a BC secondary school or the equivalent (or meet KPU's mature student status 19+)
- Permanent disability or combination of learning difficulties that hinder scholastic success
- Ability to navigate community and campus safely and independently
- Evidence of previous successful independent work experience
- Satisfactory assessment of English proficiency
- Interview with APPD faculty
Program-specific details are outlined in the program option sections listed above and visit the KPU calendar through this link.
APPD program options are designed to develop work-related skills, increase self-awareness and increase self esteem. With instruction and training, students work toward realizing their employment and personal potential.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to students who have successfully completed an APPD option.