Welcome to the Faculty of Health Advising!
Advisors are here to guide you through your academic studies and support you in achieving your educational goals. They help students:
- Explore programs
- Determine course, program and graduation requirements
- Plan course registration
- Interpret academic regulations and policies
- Discover KPU resources
A PROSPECTIVE KPU STUDENT?
Have you yet to apply to KPU?
We encourage you to first get in touch with:
- Assist with how to apply
- Financial assistance & awards
- Conduct campus tours
- Answer FAQs
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a prospective student, you need to first meet with a Future Students' Office Recruitment Coordinator, prior to gaining access to see a Faculty of Health Academic Advisor.
A CURRENT KPU STUDENT/FACULTY OF HEALTH STUDENT?
We encourage you to book a 30 minute advising appointment at Advisor Connect with:
Faculty of Health Academic Advisor
They can assist with:
- Course Planning
- Transfer Credits
- Progression towards Graduation
- Academic standing and GPA
For more information about which advising team can help you, please refer to the "Who Should I See?" information here
- Only a limited number of drop-ins can be seen within a given time period, so show up on time to ensure you can get your name on the list.
- Is offered on the Surrey, Richmond and Langley campuses every week and consist of 10 minute first come first served sessions.
- Students that come to drop-ins are epxected to come with very specific questions.
- Drop-ins are not intended to answer general questions and students are encouraged to do their own research prior to seeing an advisor.
Central Advising Regular Drop-In Schedule
|CAMPUS||LOCATION||DATE & TIMES|
|KPU Langley||Student Enrollment Services||
Wednesday: 1pm to 3pm (Last appointment 2:45pm)
The following are direct contacts that can assist you with your inquiries regarding the following programs:
Nicki Pearson, Academic Advisor
Academic Advisor - All Health Programs
|Laurel Tien, Admissions Chair||Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing||Laurel.Tien@kpu.ca
|Laurel Tien, Admissions Chair||Bachelor of Science in Nursing||Laurel.Tien@kpu.ca
|Laurel Tien, Admissions Chair||Bachelor of Science in Nursing Advanced Entry||Laurel.Tien@kpu.ca
|Sherilyn Sweeney, Program Chair||Graduate Nurse Internationally Educated||Sherilyn.Sweeney@kpu.ca
|Sharon Leitch, Program Chair||Health Care Assistant Program||Sharon.Leitch@kpu.ca
|Radhika Kumar, Program Chair||Health Unit Coordinator Program||Radhika.Kumar@kpu.ca
|Gurp Chahal, Program Chair||Health Foundations Certificate||
|Dr. John Yang, Program Chair||Traditional Chinese Medicine-Acupuncture Program||