|Register Now!||KPU Langley||KPU Richmond||KPU Surrey & KPU Tech||International & Exchange|
General Orientation: August 29
Mature Students (Age 25+ only): August 23
General Orientation: August 30
General Orientation: August 31
Mature Students (Age 25+ only): August 24
Day 1 (Mandatory):
Aug 29, 30, or 31
Day 2 (Mandatory):
Sept 1 (Richmond, or Surrey)
New Student Orientation is…
Your opportunity to:
- Discover KPU
- Learn about services and resources
- Meet fellow students and classmates
- Receive guidance from senior students
- Learn about the university experience at KPU
- Have a ton of fun!
You can attend any Orientation date, but find out which one we recommend for your program: Which Orientation should I attend?
Orientation is a full-day session (not drop-in), we encourage you to attend the full session.
For students ages 25+, you have the option of attending either a Mature Student Orientation (August 23 or 24), or a regular Orientation day (August 29, 30, or 31).
International students are required to attend TWO orientation days as above. Orientation is highly encouraged for all new students, and is mandatory for International & Exchange Students.
TRADES & TECHNOLOGY STUDENTS:
Trades students beginning in September/October 2017 are encouraged to attend Orientation. Orientation for Trades students will begin at the Surrey Campus on the morning of August 31. After lunch at Surrey, students will be taken to the Cloverdale Campus (KPU Tech) via shuttle bus provided by KPU. At KPU Tech, they will enjoy a fun & informative session hosted by the Trades Faculty, and will receive help finding their classrooms and preparing for their program at KPU. Students will be dismissed from Cloverdale, and an optional shuttle bus will be provided for students to return to the Surrey Campus.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES:
KPU offers Orientation programs that adapt to the needs of all KPU students, including students with disabilities. KPU is happy to provide modified orientations for students with individual needs on the day of the event, or on a later date by request.
Preparing for Orientation
- Pre-order your KPU Card (Student ID) online. You can order your card up to one month before the start of classes.
- Bring picture ID and your 9 digit student number. The name on your photo ID must be written in English characters and must match the name you registered with KPU.
- Check on your program/Faculty website to see if you have an additional Program Orientation or Information Session to attend.
- International & Exchange Students: You must bring your study permit with you to Orientation, and prior to Orientation, you must purchase your medical insurance through KPU Online Self Service (For more information about medical insurance)
Check out our Orientation FAQs for more details.
Still unsure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
KPU would like to thank the Fall 2017 New Student Orientation Sponsors: