|Register Now!||KPU Langley||KPU Richmond||KPU Surrey/Tech||International, Visiting & Exchange|
General Orientation: August 28, 10:30am-2:30pm
Mature Students (Age 25+ only): August 22, 6pm-9pm
General Orientation: August 29, 10:30am-2:30pm
General Orientation: August 30, 10:30am-2:30pm
Mature Students (Age 25+ only, Surrey Campus Only): August 23, 6pm-9pm
Attend one of the General Orientations: Aug 28, 29, or 30 (Any Campus)
Attend an additional International Session (mandatory): Aug 30 (Surrey), 3pm-5pm
REGISTER NOW! Coming up on August 31st, First Year Friday is a second day of Orientation that goes beyond the basics of Orientation through drop-in programming hosted by campus experts and clubs. Separate registration is required. Find the schedule and registration HERE
New Student Orientation is…
Your opportunity to:
- Discover KPU
- Learn about services and resources
- Meet fellow students and classmates
- Receive guidance from senior students
- Learn about the university experience at KPU
- Have a ton of fun!
You can attend any Orientation date, but find out which one we recommend for your program: Which Orientation should I attend?
Orientation is a full-day session (not drop-in), we encourage you to attend the full session.
For students ages 25+, you have the option of attending either a Mature Student Orientation (August 22 or 23), or a regular Orientation day (August 28, 29, or 30).
INTERNATIONAL, VISITING AND EXCHANGE STUDENTS:
International students are required to attend TWO orientation days as above. Orientation is highly encouraged for all new students, and is mandatory for International & Exchange Students.
TRADES & TECHNOLOGY STUDENTS:
Trades students beginning in September/October 2018 are encouraged to attend Orientation. Orientation for Trades students will begin at the Surrey Campus on the morning of August 30. After lunch at Surrey, students will be taken to the Cloverdale Campus (KPU Tech) via shuttle bus provided by KPU. At KPU Tech, they will enjoy a fun & informative session hosted by the Trades Faculty, and will receive help finding their classrooms and preparing for their program at KPU. Students will be dismissed from Cloverdale, and an optional shuttle bus will be provided for students to return to the Surrey Campus.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES:
KPU offers Orientation programs that adapt to the needs of all KPU students, including students with disabilities. KPU is happy to provide modified orientations for students with individual needs on the day of the event, or on a later date by request.
Preparing for Orientation
- Register for KPU's First Year Friday (August 31st) online. This is an optional extended Orientation Day with workshops, activities, fun and food!
- Pre-order your KPU Card (Student ID) online. You can order your card up to one month before the start of classes.
- Bring picture ID and your 9 digit student number. The name on your photo ID must be written in English characters and must match the name you registered with KPU.
- Check on your program/Faculty website to see if you have an additional Program Orientation or Information Session to attend.
- International Students: You must bring your study permit with you to Orientation (not applicable to Exchange/Visiting Students), and prior to Orientation, you must purchase your medical insurance through KPU Online Self Service (For more information about medical insurance)
Check out our Orientation FAQs for more details.
Still unsure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
KPU would like to thank the Fall 2018 New Student Orientation Sponsors: