Skip to main content
KPU Surrey Campus

You are here

Out of Town Testing & Trades Vocational Testing

At this time, out-of-town testing is only available for the English Placement Test (EPT), Math Placement Test (MPT) and Trades/Vocational Testing. Students may request to write a test out-of-town (if they live at least 100 kms) from one of KPU's 4 campuses. You will be required to pay the appropriate testing fees and provide Picture ID to the approved exam invigilator.

If you would like to arrange to write a test out-of-town, please take the following steps:

  1. Contact Student Enrolment Services to confirm which test you need to take and to receive a student #. 

  2. Find an invigilator in your town or city who will supervise your exam, and set up a time to write your test. Persons allowed to invigilate exams include; Testing Administrator, Counsellor, Librarian, Teacher, Principal, or Dean. For other options, please contact Assessment & Testing Services. An invigilator cannot be your friend, neighbour, co-worker, supervisor, family member, relative, or live at the same address as you. We do not send tests to personal emails.

  3. Then complete an Out-of-Town Evaluation Form and email it to

  4. Book and pay for the EPT/MPT or Trades Vocational Testing online at Note that invigilation fees are separate and must be paid to the site where you are doing your testing.

  5. Assessment and Testing will send all the proper instructions and details about your test to your invigilator.

  6. After you have written your test, your proctor is required to email the test back to Assessment and Testing Services. Your test will be marked and your results will be emailed to you.  This process can take up to 2 weeks from the time we receive your test back.


If you are an international student, please contact International Student Advising.

Assessment & Testing Services: "Opening Doors to Student Success"