- Supporting documentation and transcripts will be accepted by email only to: email@example.com
- Fall 2021: April 15, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Students who are being admitted to KPU for the first time in Fall 2021 are invited to apply for KPU Major entrance scholarships.
International Students who can provide transcripts and required documentation can also apply for consideration.
KPU Major Entrance Scholarships
- The President's Scholarship ($20,000)
- The Merit Scholarship ($5,000)
- The Indigenous Entrance Scholarship ($5,000)
Donor-funded Entrance Awards
- Awards range in value from $1,000 to $3,000
Entrance Award applicants will be short-listed and ranked by the Scholarships & Awards Selection Committee, based on the criteria of each award.
Award payment is subject to admission and confirmation of enrolment (minimum 12 credits per semester) and final marks of eligible candidates, prior to the disbursement of the award.
Major Entrance Scholarship payments will be divided between the September and January semesters, and applied to any outstanding tuition and fees first, (subject to continuance requirements). Any remaining balance will be made available to the award recipient in the form of a cheque.
All Entrance Award recipients are eligible to apply for other scholarships, awards and bursaries for which they meet the criteria.
Only one online application is required to be completed in order to be considered for any of the Fall awards.
Students who are being admitted to KPU for the first time in Fall 2021, must complete a separate online application (see instructions below).
Please review the following scholarship criteria and the documentation requirements outlined below before completing your application.
MAJOR ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
- High school transcript showing final and/or interim grades for English Studies 12 and three other academic Grade 12 courses, or
- Transfer document showing equivalent of a 3.67 transfer GPA on a minimum of 24 transferable university credits.
Required Supporting Documentation
Students Out of High School for 2 Years or Less
- Minimum one reference letter from a High School counsellor, teacher or principal supporting the application, AND minimum one reference letter to support community involvement, leadership or volunteer activities.
Students Out of High School for More Than 2 Years
- Minimum two reference letters, from independent sources, to support recent community involvement, leadership or volunteer activities.
DONOR-FUNDED ENTRANCE AWARDS
High school transcript showing final and/or interim grades for four Grade 12 courses, one of which must be English Studies 12 and one other academic Grade 12 course.
Required Supporting Documentation Applicable to All Students
Reference letters as noted for Major Entrance Scholarships, a Student Statement or Essay (if stated in criteria), and a Budget Worksheet if financial need is noted in the award.
REQUEST FOR INTERIM GRADES
If you require additional interim or estimated grades for one or more academic courses, please download the following document and have your instructors(s) or counsellor complete. Deadlines for submission are as posted.
The Online Application is located by clicking the "Apply Here" link below and logging into the KPU Online Self-service (OSS) portal. Students require their KPU ID (student number) and password to log in. When logged in, please follow these steps:
- Click “Student Menu" tab
- Click “Student Awards and Financial Assistance”
- Click “Award Application”
- Ensuring that the Application Type you have selected is for Fall Term 2021 Major Entrance Scholarships & Awards, click “Apply” and begin completing the application.
- Important – Ensure you click “Yes” to the Terms & Conditions on the Personal Declaration page in order for your application to be successfully submitted.
- Email your supporting documentation package on or before the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE DEEMED INCOMPLETE AND NOT GIVEN FURTHER CONSIDERATION