Funding and Assistance Programs
When approved for post-secondary studies funding through the StudentAid BC loan application, students who have a verified* permanent disability or a persistent or prolonged disability may be eligible for Federal and Provincial government assistance programs, grants or bursaries which are listed below.
Students with a verified disability status approved by StudentAidBC are considered full-time students when registered in a minimum of 6 credits or 40% course load at the 1100 level or higher.
Federal Grants and Bursaries
- Canada Student Grant for Students with Disabilities
- Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment – Students with Disabilities
Provincial Grants and Bursaries
- B.C. Assistance Program for Students with Disabilities
- B.C. Access Grant for Deaf Students
- B.C. Access Grant for Students with Disabilities
- B.C. Supplemental Bursary for Students with Disabilities
- Learning Disability Assessment Bursary
*Alongside your StudentAid BC loan application, submission of an Appendix 8 – Disability Programs Application with medical documentation that verifies you have a permanent disability or a persistent and prolonged disability, is required for access to these programs.
For assistance in completing your full-time or part-time StudentAid BC loan application, and to learn more about federal and provincial grants for students with disabilities, call us at 604 599 2700 to book an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor.
For accommodations and assistance in completing an Appendix 8, and to apply for disability-related funding, book an appointment with an Accessibility Services Advisor.
Awards and Bursaries for Students with Disabilities
- Academic and Career Preparation Endowed Award
- Association of Women in Finance Scholarship
- Barr Family Memorial Foundation Award
- Bubber Family Endowed Awards
- Community Living Endowed Award
- Concord Pacific Harmony Trust Two Endowed Award
- Corus Radio Journalism Bursary
- Dr. Fiona Whittington-Walsh Arts Faculty Endowed Award for Studentds with Disabilities
- Dr. Sue Ann Cairns Endowed Memorial Award
- Janet & William Jackson Endowed Award
- Jaya Ormonde Antrhopology Award
- Jazzi Family EACS Student Bursary
- KPU Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Fund
- Kwantlen Student Association Embracing A Challenge Endowed Award
- Kwantlen Student Association Endowed Disability Award
- Luckshman and Rani Sharma Endowed Award
- Michael Klinkhamer Endowed Bursary for Students with Disabilities
- Rekha & Navnit Shah Endowed Memorial Award
- Scott Reid Piccott Alumni Award
- Shirdi Sai Harmony Scholarship (physical challenge)
- The Amber Helser Award
- UNITI Endowed Award
- White Spot Restaurants EACS Student Bursary