KPU is committed to making our campuses, classrooms, and opportunities inclusive and accessible. Where our academic and campus experiences present barriers, we work together to increase access.
At Accessibility Services we work with students who require personalized plans to ensure access to the University and success in achieving academic goals. We can help with:
- Academic Accommodations,
- Transition from High School,
- Applying for disability-related funding,
- Getting connected with KPU services and supports.
Accessibility Services also works with faculty and staff to develop accommodation solutions and design accessible academic and University experiences.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Self-Identify: we encourage you to let us know about the barriers you are experiencing or anticipating
- Collect Info: we will work with you to collect information about your experience, educational or medical reports, our goals, and how you would like us to help
- Plan Accommodations: we will work with you to create an individualized accommodation plan
- Collaborate: we invite your instructors to help develop accommodations, strategies, and solutions
- Implement and support: we help put accommodation plans in place and make sure they are working well. We stay connected to make sure your accommodation plan is working and consider appropriate changes if you are still experiencing barriers.