Info for International Students

International Students


International students who are being admitted to KPU for the first time in Fall or Spring, are invited to apply for KPU Major entrance scholarships and must provide high school transcripts and documentation (i.e. reference letters) in order to be considered. 

After completing their first semester at KPU, international students may also apply for scholarships and awards that do not include the criteria of "financial need". 

Canadian government student financial assistance programs, and federally sponsored undergraduate scholarships are only available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

An offer of admission to KPU is not an offer of financial support. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires that students have access to sufficient funding for tuition, student fees and living expenses for the duration of their studies before being issued a study permit. Funding administered by KPU is supplemental and cannot be used for the core funding required to meet student visa/study permit requirements.

International students are permitted to pursue part-time work during their studies and full-time work during scheduled breaks from school. For more information on working in Canada while on a study permit, click here.

For US students seeking information regarding US Student Loans, click here.

For more information and resources for international students studying at KPU, click here.