Kwantlen Polytechnic University Bachelor of Applied Arts in Psychology graduates
celebrate at ceremonies held at Kwantlen's Surrey Campus.
For immediate release
June 4-5, 2009
Kwantlen celebrates graduation of students at Convocation ceremonies
(METRO VANCOUVER, B.C.) Kwantlen Polytechnic University held its university Convocation ceremonies and celebrated the graduation of its students at its Surrey Campus.
During Convocation, six graduates were honoured with the following awards:
- Governor General's Silver Medal – Heather Borch, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Governor General’s Collegiate Bronze Medal – Erin Shankie, Diploma of Technology in Environmental Protection
- Lieutenant Governor’s Medal – Victoria Davis, Certificate in Legal Administrative Studies
- President's Outstanding Graduate Award: Bachelor's Degree Program – Kim Barichievy, Bachelor of Applied Design in Interior Design
- President's Outstanding Graduate Award: Diploma Program – Sarah Hawkins, Diploma in Public Relations
- George C. Wootton Award – Shannon Johnston, Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management
As a new and distinct university, Kwantlen offers formal acknowledgment that knowledge is converging and that the kinds of programs that colleges and universities offer are also converging in new and creative ways. Kwantlen will continue to provide unique educational opportunities meeting diverse student needs, marking extraordinary opportunities and responsibilities before it.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University brings with it a tradition of providing access pathways for students with difference talents and abilities, and opportunities for all who are willing to work hard to realize their goals. Key to Kwantlen’s new mandate is an enhanced capacity to integrate research and external community engagement within a learning environment that places students at the centre of all that the university does.
For more information about Kwantlen, contact:
Director, Marketing & Communications
Left to right: Kwantlen chancellor Arvinder Singh Bubber, vice-chair of Kwantlen Board
of Governors Bob Attfield, chair of Kwantlen Board of Governors Scott Nicholl and
Kwantlen president and vice-chancellor David W. Atkinson give opening remarks.
Members of Kwantlen First Nation offer blessings to Kwantlen graduates.
Left to right: Governor General's Silver Medal recipient Heather Borch,
Governor General's Collegiate Bronze Medal recipient Erin Shankie.
Left to right: Lieutenant Governor's Medal recipient Victoria Davis,
George C. Wootton Award recipient Shannon Johnston.
Left to right: President's Outstanding Graduate Award recipients Kim Barichievy and Sarah Hawkins.
Proud Kwantlen graduates celebrate at convocation with family and friends.