KPU will be embarking on the presidential search process in early 2024. The search will be conducted in accordance with HR22 – Presidential Search Advisory, Appointment, and Reappointment Policy and Procedure. On this website, you will find updates on matters related to the presidential search once it’s underway.
January 19th, 2024 Update - Town hall Invitation
The Board of Governors is entering a significant phase of the presidential search process. We are developing the presidential candidate profile, and your input, as members of the KPU community, is critical.
Leaders International, a leading Canadian executive search firm, will conduct town hall meetings throughout February and March. Attendees will be invited to submit their views and thoughts on the following topics:
- Required leadership attributes and experiences
- Priorities, opportunities, and challenges facing the university over the next five to ten years
Town hall meetings have been scheduled for the following dates. In-person sessions are open to all members of the KPU community, while virtual sessions are intended for specific audience groups.
- In-person session at KPU Langley, open to all: February 6, from 10 a.m. to noon in West 1030
- Virtual session for students: February 22, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- In-person session at KPU Surrey, open to all: March 5, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Spruce Atrium
- Virtual session for faculty: March 8, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- In-person session at KPU Richmond, open to all: March 13, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Wilson School of Design room 4900
- Virtual session for staff and admin: March 18, from 10 a.m. to noon
If you are interested in attending, please save the date for the option that works best for you. No registration is required for the in-person sessions. Please register for the virtual sessions by visiting the following webpage: https://www.kpu.ca/townhall/rsvp. The meeting link will be sent out two days in advance.
I encourage you to take part in the consultation process and share your views. The search firm will consolidate the input and provide themed data to the Presidential Search Advisory Committee (PSAC).
My next update will be at the beginning of February, when I will officially name the PSAC membership.
Chair, KPU Board of Governors