(1) Do I have to be a TALK member to partake in activities?
- Yes. It is necessary to be a TALK member in order to register for TALK activities.
(2) Do I have to be a TALK member to attend a Philosophers’ Corner?
- Philosophers’ Corners are open to the public. You do not have to be a TALK member to attend. Pre-registration is not necessary and attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a suggested minimum $2.00 donation for each Philosophers' Corner.
(3) What is Amilia?
- Amilia is the online registration and payment system used by TALK. It is a Canadian based organization and the use of the system has been vetted and approved by TALK and KPU.
(4) What if I find I will not be able to attend an activity I have registered for?
- Members are entitled to a refund of course fees if withdrawal occurs before the “Please Register By” date. TALK membership fees will not be refunded. If you would like to withdraw from an activity, please call the TALK phone number 604-599-3077.
(5) May I register after the course “register by” date?
- Yes, you may register after that date. However, it is preferable to have members register earlier so that we know if we have enough people to run the course. Some courses fill up quickly so it is a good idea to register as early as you can.
(6) Is there parking available on campus?
Parking is available on all Kwantlen campuses. The cost is $5.00.
- Remember car's license plate number.
- Go to a Paystation located at main building entrances.
- Key in license number; select time; then pay. Coin plus Visa and MasterCard are accepted at all Pay-by-Stall Paystations.
- Take receipt - no need to display on vehicle dash. The pass will be valid on all campuses for the day of purchase with displayed receipt.
If you have a handicapped placard, parking is free in the marked handicapped spaces only. If you park in a regular stall, you are expected to pay.
There is also free parking at the Newton Athletic Centre near the Surrey campus.
(7) How can I get more information on the course content?
- Please contact the Program Chair, Jean Garnett, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-277-1130.
(8) What happens if an activity is cancelled?
- Registrants will receive a cancellation email notification that will request a response - If the TALK admin do not receive an email response, the TALK member will be called and notified of the cancellation of the activity. A full refund will be provided.
(9) How do I get a receipt?
- An email confirmation of registration and payment will be sent to your email address. You can also access your invoice and payment information on your Amilia account.
(10) Will I get a confirmation email with all of the activities I signed up for?
- Yes. You will receive a confirmation of registration and payment email. You can also see a calendar of the activities you have registered for by going to your online Amilia calendar.
Please note that there are elevators on each campus for those who have trouble with the stairs.
Note also that you may request a campus security escort to accompany you to and from your vehicle.