Distance Education & Other Exams
(NOTE: BC Housing, Owner Builder exam - please choose KPU Civic Plaza campus only.)
Who Can Request an Invigilation of an Exam?
Anyone who wishes to write an exam from another institution (with their Institution's approval).
How do I book an exam date and time?
Book/pay online at www.kpu.ca/testing
Select the Distance Education & Other Exams block.
In the 'Book your Distance Education or Other Exams' grey highlighted area, select the campus you want. You MUST complete your test at the campus you select - fees are non-refundable & non-transferable.
Click the orange button: to 'Book your Exam"
This will open the test registration and payment page.
- Read all the text carefully and complete the necessary fields.
Add your cellphone number to receive a text notification reminding you of your booking.
Click: Add to Cart and complete the payment process through our Moneris vendor site. (Owner Builder exams are No Fee exams, but you must still complete this step)
Registration is not complete until the payment step is completed.
All exams must be in a computer based format. Paper based exams are not accepted at this time.
How Much is the Invigilation Fee?
There is a $60 fee for each invigilated exam (up to 3 hours/per exam); 3.5 - 4 hours $90; 4.5-5 hours $120. (Owner Builder exam is a NO Fee exam)
What Do I Need to Tell my Institution?
You will need to let your home Institution know:
- the date and KPU campus you have booked your exam.
- our policy is that all exams will be completed on a computer. No paper exams. If your institute needs a specific exception to this, they should contact us immediately.
- all exams & instructions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the exam test date or we may have to reschedule your exam. We will not accept exams by mail or courier.
An Invigilator Confirmation Form may need to be submitted by us before your test is sent. Scan and email the Form to email@example.com. The Testing Centre staff will complete/sign the form electronically and email it back to you. You are responsible for sending this to your Institution. They may not release the exam to us until they receive this form.
Your Institution will need to email your exam & instructions to the correct campus email address below:
Location: KPU CIVIC PLAZA CAMPUS (Surrey):
Location: RICHMOND Campus:
Location: Langley Campus:
What Do I Need to Know When I Come to Write the Exam?
- Observe all Health & Safety protocols as posted at KPU. Do not come to campus if you are sick.
- Test takers are recommended to wear a mask in the testing centre.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- Bring a current Government photo ID (you may be asked for a second photo ID for confirmation of your identity).
- Some institutions require you to bring your exam invitation from your institution, your LOG IN information and password.
- Bring any other authorized materials that the exam requires or allows you to use such as calculators, textbooks or notes (if applicable).
- Lockers are not available at the Richmond, Surrey or Langley locations. Civic Plaza campus has lockers.
- ALL Electronic Devices MUST be powered off when checking in with the Testing Centre staff. No smart watches or phones permitted in test centre.
- Do not bring family or friends to the test centre; they will not be allowed to wait on the testing floor.