Where is Assessment and Testing Services (ATS) located?
Assessment & Testing Services Main Office is located in the Surrey Main Building, Room 138. Testing can be booked at different campuses, so please check your booking confirmation for the correct address for your test session.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Surrey Main, Room 138
12666-72 Ave. Surrey BC
Where do I park?
Paid parking is in effect and available on all Kwantlen Polytechnic University campuses.
How do I schedule an appointment?
All tests must be booked and paid online at kpu.ca/testing. On our homepage, click the 'Book A Test' under the campus which offers the test you need to take and then proceed to the online booking page. Follow the steps to register and pay.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Acceptable forms of payment include: VISA, INTERAC and other MAJOR CREDIT CARDS. VISA/DEBIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
TESTING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
What do I need to bring with me on the day of the test?
On the day of your assessment you are required to bring:
- Current photo identification (cannot be expired).
- Your KPU Student Number.
- Writing instruments such as pen, pencil and eraser.
- Cell phones brought into the testing room MUST be powered OFF. We do not allow access to cell phones while writing tests. It is best to leave your personal items in the trunk of your car.
- Students may not be accompanied into the testing room; exams are written independently. If you have a disability that requires you to test under specific conditions, please book an appointment to see a Disability Advisor.
What are acceptable forms of photo identification?
KPU student cards and government issued Photo ID such as a Drivers Licence, BC Identification, Passport or Permanent Resident Card. ID MUST be current and not expired.
Can I just drop-in to do my assessment?
No, all assessments must be booked in advance ONLINE. You should book your exams early (4-6 weeks in advance) so that you are able to meet any deadlines you might have.
Can special arrangements be made for students with disabilities?
If you have a disability that requires you to test under specific conditions, please book an appointment to see a Disability Advisor. Testing Services cannot allow special accommodations without approval from the Disability Services Office.
How many times can I take an assessment?
|Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) English Assessment||Re-write after 4 months.|
|ELS Reading/Writing & Speaking/Listening Assessment||Re-write after 4 months, for a maximum of 3 times. Note: Once enrolled in the English Language Studies Diploma, you cannot take the ELS (Aptis) test again.|
|English Placement Test||Re-write once per semester.|
|Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) Math Test Assessment||No wait period.|
|Math Placement Test||Re-write after 4 weeks, for a maximum of 3 times.|
|Vocational (Trades) Tests||ALEKS Math test can be re-written after 4 weeks.
Reading/writing/vocabulary test can be re-written after 3 months.
|Vocational (Drafting) Tests||Drafting Math test can be rewritten after 4 weeks.
EPT can be re-written once per semester.
How will I receive the results of my assessments?
Students can view their results online:
- Go to: https://one.kpu.ca
- Click: ‘Online Self Service’ or ‘OSS’ (If it does not appear on the homepage, type in OSS on the Search line at the top of the page)
- Enter your KPU Student Number and Password. Click: Login
- Click: Student Menu
- Click: Prior Education (on the left of the page)
- Your Test Score(s) will be listed below the header ‘Testing’
Will other institutions accept my test results?
It is at the discretion of the external institution whether or not they wish to accept KPU test results. However, KPU Assessments are for placement into KPU courses only. KPU does not provide extra copies of test result forms or mail test results/letters to other institutions or to employers.