What are the Covid-19 Health & Safety protocols for Assessment and Testing Services
- All test takers are required to supply and wear a mask in the testing centre.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located in the testing centres.
- Social distancing must be respected at all times.
- Test takers must bring a plastic bag for personal belongings. No lockers are available at this time.
Where is Assessment & Testing Services (ATS) located?
Assessment & Testing Services will open for Admissions testing and some external exams at the Surrey, Richmond and Civic Plaza campuses.
Surrey campus: 12666 72nd ave., Main building Room 138, Surrey, BC V3W 2M8
Richmond campus: 8771 Lansdowne Rd, Room 2075, Richmond, BC V6X 3X7
Civic Plaza campus: 13485 Central Ave, 8th floor, Surrey, BC V3T 0L8
Where do I park?
Paid parking is in effect and available on all Kwantlen Polytechnic University campuses. Civic Plaza campus paid parking is only on P1; other pay parking available in the neighborhood.
How do I schedule an exam date and time?
All tests must be booked and paid online at kpu.ca/testing. Follow the steps to register and pay.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Acceptable forms of payment include: VISA, INTERAC and other MAJOR CREDIT CARDS.
TESTING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE TO OTHER CAMPUSES OR EXAMS.
What do I need to bring with me on the day of the test?
On the day of your assessment you are required to bring:
- Current government issued photo identification (cannot be expired). A second piece may be required to confirm identity.
- Your KPU Student Number.
- Writing instruments such as pen, pencil and eraser. Stick style only - no barrel style or e-style pens.
- Cell phones brought into the testing room MUST be powered OFF. We do not allow access to cell phones or any other electronic/smart devices while writing tests. It is best to leave your personal items outside the testing space.
- Students may not be accompanied into the testing room; exams are written independently. If you have a disability that requires you to test under specific conditions, please book an appointment to see a Accessibility Advisor.
What are acceptable forms of photo identification?
KPU student cards and government issued Photo ID such as a Drivers Licence, BC Identification, Passport or Permanent Resident Card. ID MUST be current and not expired.
Can I just drop-in to do my assessment?
No, all assessments must be booked in advance ONLINE. You should book your Admissions testing 4-6 weeks in advance so that you are able to meet any deadlines for admission.
Can special arrangements be made for students with disabilities?
If you have a disability that requires you to test under specific conditions, please book an appointment to see an Accessibility Advisor. Testing Services cannot allow special accommodations without approval from the Accessibility Services Office.
How many times can I take an assessment?
|Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) English Assessment||Re-write after 4 months.|
|ELS Reading/Writing & Speaking/Listening Assessment||Re-write after 4 months, for a maximum of 3 times. Note: Once enrolled in the English Language Studies Diploma, you cannot take the ELS (Aptis) test again.|
|English Placement Test||Re-write once per semester.|
|Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) Math Test Assessment||No wait period.|
|Math Placement Test||Re-write after 4 weeks, for a maximum of 3 times.|
|Vocational (Trades) Tests||ALEKS Math test can be re-written after 4 weeks.
Reading/writing/vocabulary test can be re-written after 3 months.
|Vocational (Drafting) Tests||Drafting Math test can be rewritten after 4 weeks.
EPT can be re-written once per semester.
How will I receive the results of my assessments?
A copy of your test results form will be emailed to your KPU student email.
Students can view their results online:
- Go to: https://one.kpu.ca
- Click: ‘Online Self Service’ or ‘OSS’ (If it does not appear on the homepage, type in OSS on the Search line at the top of the page)
- Enter your KPU Student Number and Password. Click: Login
- Click: Student Menu
- Click: Prior Education (on the left of the page)
- Your Test Score(s) will be listed below the header ‘Testing’
Will other institutions accept my test results?
It is at the discretion of the external institution whether or not they wish to accept KPU test results. However, KPU Assessments are for placement into KPU courses only. KPU does not provide extra copies of test result forms or mail test results/letters to other institutions or to employers.