Family Childcare Program currently on Hiatus
This part-time program prepares you to work effectively with young children and to set up a childcare business within the home environment.The Family Childcare Program consists of core courses that are offered as evening classes, with the exception of 9 five-hour Saturdays. The program is normally completed within one year and consists of 154 hours of instruction, including one practicum.
Students without experience in a licensed family childcare setting must complete 15 hours of work orientation. Licensing requires that students doing orientation must have a current criminal record check.The Childcare Program is recognized by Fraser Health Region Licensing Department and the BC Family Child Care Association.
Specialty Programs (Saturday)
Specialty Programs such as The Early Years: Investing in our Future, Child Abuse and Mini-Musicians are run on Saturdays from 10 am to 3 pm. These programs are offered only once a year with attendance being mandatory for successful completion of the Childcare Program.
|Enrolment||Currently on hiatus|
|Start Date(s)||TBA - please send your contact details via email to email@example.com and we will advise you when the program reopens|
|Offered At||Currently on hiatus|
Receiving enquiries for the future?
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have your name added to a contact list.
This part-time program prepares you to work effectively with young children and to set up a childcare business within the home environment.
Program Admission Requirements
- Personal interview with instructor
- Completion of English 10 with a B or better. Applicants must submit a transcript of the grade.
- Applicants whose first language is English, but who have not successfully completed English 10 with a B or better are required to write the ACP Accuplacer test and attain a minimum score of writing level 7.
- Applicants whose first language is not English and who have not completed English 10 in Canada must take the Accuplacer-ELS test. The required score is Accuplacer 88 and writing band 4.
The courses for this program include:
- CHLD 1101 Child Development
- CHLD 1102 Health and Safety
- CHLD 1201 Guiding Children’s Behaviour
- CHLD 1202 Supported Child Care
- CHLD 1203 Managing a Family Child Care
- CHLD 1204 Planning Children’s Experience
- CHLD 1210 Child Abuse Workshop
- CHLD 1211 Mini Musicians
- CHLD 1213 The Early Years
- CHLD 1270 Practicum
For more information contact:
ACADeansoffice@kpu.ca or contact our office at 604.599.2321.
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Statement of Completion in Family Childcare.