In today's competitive job market, particularly in the Lower Mainland where there are numerous colleges and universities, many job seekers have a post-secondary education. Consequently, students are right to wonder "just how can I stand out?"
In EDST we believe success lies in developing a deep understanding of why you are in university, what you need to accomplish while you are here, and what support you need to do so. It is not the credential that matters - it is the abilities employers assume you developed along the way to achieving that goal. Unfortunately, many students leave their schooling with a credential, not an education. Their degrees, in other words, do not bring them closer to the lives they desire.
EDST transition courses were designed to help you:
- Discover the real purpose of education and the possibilities it provides.
- Stand out by focusing on what really matters and preparing yourself appropriately.
- Maximize your education and make the most out of your experience at KPU.
- Develop the abilities necessary to succeed in your studies and beyond.
- Refine the means by which you can communicate your accomplishments to potential employers upon graduation.
- Connect with your peers and have fun in highly interactive learning environments.
Don't just get a degree; get an education!
Learn how through EDST's university transition courses: EDUC 1100, 1101, 1102, 1150 & 4100