The Brewing and Brewery Operations (BBO) Diploma program is a limited-intake program and successful applicants must meet KPU's general university admission requirements, as well as requirements specific to the BBO program (see below). For general university requirements, visit kpu.ca/admission.
Applications open October 1st each year and for limited-intake programs remain open until Aug. 1st or until seats are filled. To apply early, the early-bird application deadline is March 1st. However, the Brewing program will continue to accept applications beyond the deadline, if space permits. You're encouraged to apply as early as possible for early course registration times.
To apply to the KPU Brewing and Brewery Operations Diploma program, you must complete the following two steps:
- Apply to Kwantlen Polytechnic University and submit proof that you satisfy the admission requirements; and
- Complete and submit a Portfolio.
The application process:
Click on each drop-down title below for more information.
1) Admission Requirements:
Visit kpu.ca/admission or kpu.ca/admission/requirements for the most up-to-date information on admission requirements. Please be sure you are looking under 'Limited Intake Programs' for the Faculty of Science and Horticulture to find the Brewing Diploma information. For more information on upgrading your high school program requirements or English proficiency testing, visit www.kpu.ca/testing/english-testing.
2) Apply Online:
To apply to the program, you can apply online at kpu.ca/apply. Click 'Online Application' and create an account. When you get to the Program Selection page, choose Science and Horticulture under the Faculty area. Once the application session is open, the Brewing and Brewery Operations Diploma Program will be available in the drop down menu.
Once you have officially submitted your application, you must submit your portfolio documents as soon as possible, as these are required as part of the application process for this program. Please review the Portfolio Submissions instructions.
For more information regarding the application process, deadlines, etc., please refer to kpu.ca/admission. International applicants can contact the KPU International office by calling 604-599-2866 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Complete the Application Process & Portfolio:
You will be notified through your email account about next steps in completing the admission process, including details on:
- Submitting Documents: All applicants are required to submit official transcripts of secondary and/or post-secondary courses (Note: official transcripts MUST be mailed directly to our admissions office and will not be accepted in person; photocopies are also not accepted), and must be at least 19 years of age by the first day of classes.
- Portfolio Submission: A portfolio is required as part of the BBO Diploma application process. Your portfolio should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Details on what to include in your portfolio are listed below. You can also click here to download a PDF.
- Requirement Upgrades: Applicants who are in the process of upgrading admissions requirements may submit final grades for consideration. Transcripts received after our March deadline will be considered, pending availability.
Portfolio Submission & Selection Process
Applicants will participate in a selection process that includes a portfolio review and possibly an interview. Selection will be made by an Admissions Selection Committee composed of faculty, staff, and external members from the Brewing Program Advisory Committee.
Your portfolio should include letters of reference or additional documents to enhance your application, including:
- Cover letter that details your:
- Reasons for interest in the program
- Career goals and how this program will factor in reaching those goals
- Experience with brewing and/or brewing-related industries (e.g., hospitality)
- Why you are an ideal candidate for this program
- Resume including:
- Work experience
- Post-secondary and/or continuing education
- Proven leadership skills and professionalism
- Other evidence of achievements
Click here to download the portfolio instructions as a PDF.
- New to KPU? Click here.
- KPU Academic Calendar
- Important Dates
- BC Transfer Guide
- Student Aid (student loans)
- Got a burning question? Email Us