The Brewing and Brewery Operations (BBO) Diploma program is a limited-intake program and successful applicants must meet KPU's general university admission requirements, as well as requirements specific to the BBO program (see below). For general university requirements, visit kpu.ca/admission.
Applications for this program open October 1st each year and the early-bird application deadline is March 1st. However, the Brewing program will continue to accept applications beyond the deadline, if space permits. You're encouraged to apply as early as possible for early registration times.
The application process:
Click on each drop-down title below for more information.
1) Admission Requirements:
Visit kpu.ca/admission for the most up-to-date information on admission requirements.
2) Apply Online:
If you are new to KPU, you can apply by filling out the online application at Education Planner BC at kpu.ca/apply. Click 'Online Application' and create an account. When you get to the Program Selection page, choose Science and Horticulture under the Faculty area. Once the application session is open, the Brewing and Brewery Operations Diploma Program will be available in the drop down menu.
Once you have officially submitted your application, you must submit official and a portfolio. Please review the Portfolio Submissions instructions. The deadline to submit all required documentation is March 1st, however, we recommend you submit documents as soon as possible.
For more information regarding the application process, deadlines, etc., please refer to kpu.ca/admission. International applicants can contact the KPU International office by calling 604-599-2866 or emailing email@example.com.
3) Complete the Application Process:
You will be notified through your KPU email account about next steps in completing the admission process, including details on:
- Submitting Documents: All applicants are required to submit official transcripts of secondary and/or post-secondary courses proving you meet the admissions requirements (Note: official transcripts MUST be mailed directly to our admissions office and will not be accepted in person; photocopies are also not accepted), and must be at least 19 years of age by the first day of classes.
- Portfolio Submission: A portfolio is required as part of the BBO Diploma application process. Your portfolio should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details on what to include in your portfolio are listed below. You can also click here to download a PDF.
- Requirement Upgrades: Applicants who are in the process of upgrading admissions requirements will have until the end of May to submit final grades for consideration.
Portfolio Submission & Selection Process
Applicants will participate in a selection process that includes a portfolio review and possibly an interview. Selection will be made by an Admissions Selection Committee composed of faculty, staff, and external members from the Brewing Program Advisory Committee.
Your portfolio should include letters of reference or additional documents to enhance your application, including:
- Cover letter that details your:
- Reasons for interest in the program
- Career goals and how this program will factor in reaching those goals
- Experience with brewing and/or brewing-related industries (e.g., hospitality)
- Why you are an ideal candidate for this program
- Resume including:
- Work experience
- Post-secondary and/or continuing education
- Proven leadership skills and professionalism
- Other evidence of achievements
- New to KPU? Click here.
- KPU Academic Calendar
- Important Dates
- BC Transfer Guide
- Student Aid (student loans)
- Got a burning question? Email Us