Want to know how much it will cost to attend the Wilson School of Design in one of our programs? Check out the KPU Tuition Estimator. Below is also the list of equipment required to meet course deliverables while in the Fashion program.
In addition to the standard tuition and fees, students entering the Fashion Design & Technnology program should also factor in the cost of a laptop and recommended software in order to complete projects and course deliverables. The following software and laptop specifications are the minimum requirements. We highly recommend that students purchase a PC laptop due to the limitations Macbooks pose with some of our licensing.
- OS: Windows 10 64-Bit or later
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Quad Core or equivalent
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5 (or equivalent)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- Adobe Creative Cloud (annual subscription required)
- Microsoft Office Suite (available for download for KPU students here)
- Anti-Virus Software (annual subscription required)
- External portable hard-drive
Students may refer to this page to stay up to date on software and specification requirements.
All incoming and continuing fashion students will need regular access to a sewing machine for the coming 2021/2022 academic year. Your sewing machine should have the following capabilities:
- Straight stitch
- Zig Zag stitch (recommended for 2nd year students)
- Regular stitching foot
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole (recommended but not necessary)
*NOTE that if you have an industrial sewing machine please let your instructor know at the start of your course and we will work with you to meet all course outcomes accordingly.
It is also recommended to have a variety of sewing machine needle sizes which will be discussed in courses. You should also plan to have an iron with steaming capabilities to assist through the construction process.
If you have other questions, please be sure to visit the Future Students' Office page.