- Degree programs, course descriptions admission requirements and prerequisites: Academic Calendar for BPN
- Application timelines, deadlines and intakes: KPU Declaration
- Admissions, fees & deposits, transfer credit and registration: Student Enrolment Services & Admission
- Tuition Costs: KPU Tuition Estimator
Note: Late documentation by postal mail or in person will NOT be accepted.
Does the waitlist carry over from year to year?
- There is no wait-list - You must re-declare by the declaration deadline for your intended intake.
How do I decide if psychiatric nursing is the right path of nursing for me?
- Prior to registration, volunteer work in service delivery agencies, hospitals or community mental health programs, such as long-term care or residential mental health centres, is where you gain firsthand experience with individuals or families with psychiatric problems
- You also learn about the services provided by mental health professionals.
- With such experience you should be able to make a decision pertaining to your student nursing career.
Is it possible for me to specialize within psychiatric nursing?
- The KPU BPN program facilitates various specializations within the field of mental health and its service delivery in Canada and the world. Nursing specializations that can be accomplished through our program are highlighted in our capstone course and final practicum.
Do psychiatric nurses go for Masters or Doctoral degrees?
- In the 21st century, the field of psychiatric nursing is ever expanding while psychiatric nursing practice is increasingly becoming evidence-based.
- Evidence to support nursing practice is obtained through well-grounded research which is becoming an integral part of psychiatric nursing. This is supported by revolutionary discoveries in nursing, medicine and neurosciences.
- In adapting advanced knowledge through research and professional development, psychiatric nurses achieve the educational and practice competencies for master's degrees and PhD levels.
- These nurses could become educators in post-secondary education, nurse researchers, psychotherapists and private counsellors or discover new service areas for psychiatric nursing.
I am a Registered Nurse - do I receive Advanced Entry into the KPU BPN program?
- No. This is not available.
As a practicing RPN how do I return to complete my Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing?
- You need to register with the BPN degree completion program. For further information visit Psychiatric Nursing: Degree Completion for RPNs.
I've completed my Diploma at Stenberg College and am a Registered RPN, do I qualify for the degree completion program?
- No. This option is on hold.
Where can I get more information?
- There are a few way you can get more information and see if the BPN program is the right fit for you! You can:
- CONTACT - General Inquiries - BPN Program
- CLICK - KPU Academic Calendar for BPN
- REGISTER - BPN Information Session
- PROSPECTIVE STUDENT - Contact our Student Recruitment Coordinator in the Future Students' Office
Please note: The Academic Calendar for BPN is effective September 2018 to August 2019.
- Top -